𝟏.𝟐 ☾

It had been more than a month since Odette left New Orleans and she was still living with her father in her childhood home. Odette traveled to Colorado for answers and she got them yet she still hadn't gone back. When Aaron had days off from work he father and daughter duo would spend the whole day together, soon they repaired the relationship Odette had once broken. Odette never did tell him that Hope was still alive, she just couldn't bring him into the supernatural part of her life.

Odette did tell him about Hayley, Jackson, and the Mikaelson family. She tried to leave out most parts of her past in which Odette did something illegal, like kill someone or steal or assaulted someone. After a week of living with him Aaron did end up telling Odette about her mom, he told her what she wanted to know. About the night Jade died, why she left her pack, and who she wanted Odette to become.

It wasn't Marcel's fault Jade died and he couldn't do anything to save her, Odette knows that now. She also knows that Marcel did help her leave New Orleans, but she went to him for help. Jade wanted out because she wanted to live a life where there was no death other than that of human causes rather than supernatural ones. Jade wanted her daughter to become what she was meant to be, the person to bring the Crescent pack together.

Aaron also told Odette about the day Jade told him about the supernatural community. He freaked out on her. He also then told Odette about the day she was born, how she was born out in the Bayou as Eve had told her. Aaron was terrified of everything that could go wrong while Jade was calm and was the one having to get him to be calm instead of the other way around.

Today Aaron got out of work early meaning Odette was able to hang out with him, at the moment they were playing scramble while sitting on the living room floor.

"Appa!" Odette exclaims in the midst of laughter only to stop once she sees her dad's serious expression instead of one that matched her making Odette match his serious expression asking, "What's wrong?"

"You have to go back" Aaron states making Odette furrow her eyebrows knowing what made him say that

"Where?" Odette ask as she plays around with one of the Scramble letter in her hand

"You came here for answers, and you received them. I don't want you to leave but this isn't your life anymore. You need to go back to New Orleans, you need to return to those who you now call family" Aaron says making Odette gulp knowing that he was right but she didn't want to accept that. Odette wasn't ready to go back to New Orleans

"If I go back I will get my heart broken" Odette breathlessly confesses as she places the letter N in her hand back on the scramble stand looking up at her dad not liking what he was saying

"Remember what your mom told you?" Aaron asks making Odette shake her head not knowing what he was referring to

"You mean that time she ruined fairytales for me?" Odette question still bitter that her mother ruined fairytales for her at a young age

"No, the day that you asked her if she ever had her heart broken all because you had a crush on some Jake guy," Aaron says making Odette's eyes widen as she had never told him that, "your mom told me, but what did she tell you?"

Odette thinks back to the day when she was that age and had yet to reach double digits, "Um she-she told me she has had her heartbroken. But that liking or loving someone was a choice, a commitment. At the end of all the pain and aching of your heart, its worth it because of all the vibrant, beautiful moments shared"

"When I think of your mom my heart doesn't ache in pain anymore." Aaron says with a shrug knowing that his wife's death didn't bring her pain every second of his day and that was okay, "I do miss her of course but I look back at my moments with her and my heart swells up in joy. I chose to love her for everything that she was and wasn't. You can't run from heartbreak Odette, just like you can't run away from love. If it's meant to be, it's going to happen"

"When did you become so wise?" Odette mumbles knowing that her dad was right

"I had to become wise if I was going to have a troublesome kid," Aaron says with a smile making Odette roll her hazel eyes

Odette agreed that the next morning she was going to leave back to New Orleans, letting them return to their game of scramble and being interrupted by people coming home. Odette didn't want to leave, she felt comfortable in her old home, but she also knew that she needed to leave. If not for her then for her daughter, so she can get her back

"I'm going to miss you, Dad," Odette says as they hug goodbye in the foyer. Odette tries to take in every detail from the moment they shared and try to engrave it in her mind never wanting to forget it. Odette didn't want to forget the warm hugs her dad gave. She didn't want to only remember their relationship with all the years that they didn't talk.

"Odette I love you, you know that right?" Aaron says with his hands resting on his daughter's shoulder looking in her eyes and when Odette nods her head he continues speaking "You need to move on. Hun, you are no longer the little girl who lost her mom and grew up to trigger her wolf gene alone. You are a queen just like your mom. You need to let go of the past so you can be a great mom to that little girl of yours"

"H-how did you know?" Odette asks stunned that he figured out Hope was still alive

"You were always terrible at keeping secrets from me," Aaron says with a sad smile making Odette mirror his expression

"I'm sorry, I just I couldn't let anyone know," Odette says as she fidgets with the rings on her right hand while he lets go of her shoulders

"This is for you," Aaron says pulling out a blue thin book and hands it to Odette who recognized it immediately "Tell that little girl her grandpa loves her okay?"

"I will," Odette says looking up from the aged dark blue journal in her hands that had belonged to her mother

With the door closing behind Odette she walked down the two steps that lead to the front yard and towards the street with her backpack on her back. As her black boots touch the ground, each step felt light, making Odette smile as she knew her dad was right. It was time for her to go back to New Orleans, it was time to go home and fight for her family.