Chapter 1

"Hey Mike!" I heard someone say behind me.

Oh great, Jay is coming, I thought.

Ahem. So.. hi, my name is Michael, or.. Mike as you can see. Also, Jay is a friend of mine, and also the friggin' BIGGEST doofus I've ever met. But he's a good kid. Anyways, i'm currently at the summer camp thats called, "Sunshine Valley Summer Camp" and it's by a really cool forest.

"Hey Jay" I said, not even flinching when he tried to scare me. Yeah, I said, "when he tried to scare me". And yeah I know, he sucks at scaring people.

"So buddy boy, lets go to the main cabin where they're serving dinner. I'm hungry" he said. Then his stomach growled really loud.

"Sounds like your stomach is agreein' with ya" I laughed. I looked behind us while jay was herding me toward the main cabin. Oh, did I mention that I was in cabin ten? The one that's right next to the Forest? I was hoping that Jay wouldn't notice me looking at the forest. But I guess that's a tad bit to much to hope for.

"Hey Mike, why are you looking at the forest? Didn't you know that it's haunted?" he asked me dramatically.

I sighed. "Oh yes it's VERY  haunted" I said sarcastically. Then I scoffed and said, "ya know, I went hiking their last summer, it's actually really pretty. But you know, believe what you want to believe".

"But you aren't planning on going their by yourself right?"

"No obviously"

"Good, because it gets pretty creepy at night."

So we both walked toward the main cabin. I was silent, barely listening to Jay rant on and on and on about this show he watches that's called "Space Dogs vs. The Cosmo Kitties" or something like that. I didn't really want to hear the fool talking about some random show. But I will admit this; the show is actually pretty good. But I had my mind on something else, not that stupid little kid show.

And that something was the forest. And yeah I know, the forest and everything about it is bad. But, I keep getting this feeling that keeps coming. Like, I should be there. But of course I'm not allowed to go there, especially not by myself. I heard this dumb rumor that some kid went for a stroll in the forest and was never heard from again or something . See, I don't believe stupid rumors like that. But anyway, back to my problem at hand, I keep getting a feeling that I should be in the forest. But i really don't-

"What ya thinkin' 'bout buddy boy?" Jay asked me, which caught me off guard.

"i.. Uh...im just thinking about why you talk so much" I lied, but then again, I do actually think about that once in a while. But I didn't think he would react happily with that, so I looked at him. He just stared at me, then he scratched his chin and looked up.

"y'know, I don't have an answer for that, buuut...." he said, grinning stupidly at me, "I'm an awesome friend and you know it, at least, better then Amanda ever was."

He was right actually. Amanda was this rich friend I had during the school year- oh i forgot to mention that im going to 7th grade- and she was nice at first, but then she joined the "cool" group. That totally changed her. After she joined the group,  Amanda and her dang annoying, rich friends would literally go out of their way to make my year miserable. Now she is soooo different then when I first met her.

Why? Well for starters, she dyed her hair neon pink. And its like SO pink that it's not even funny, because it literally glows at night. Second, she wears so much makeup that one time I accidentally mistaken her for a clown. Now that was not a fun day for me. And finally she has a boyfriend. Yep. A boyfriend. But isn't she a wee bit too young when it comes to love? I don't know, but I ain't going to question her, because it pains me to admit it, but she is way stronger then me.

I have more things to say about her, like why I hate her so much now, or more things that changed about her, but it would take me the rest of the night to say it all, because the list is probably a million miles long. Anyways, while we were talking we made it to the main cabin, and I didn't even notice.

Jay and I sat down at a table where a few other kids were sitting. As soon as we got our food, I decided I wasn't hungry. We had pork patties, and they were hard as ROCKS. We started talking about why the food was so bad tonight, even though Jay liked it and was licking the pork pattie, when something hard hit the back of my head.

"Ow!" I whisper-shouted. I looked behind me and saw some girls laughing their heads off.

"Dang it Amanda! Why can't you throw your food at one of your annoying rich friends?" I asked angrily.

"Hmmm, maybe because I don't want to" she said glaring a look at me that said "i dare you to make a move". I stood up, about to do something, but Jay grabbed my arm and sat me down again.

"Ugh, freaking Amanda" I muttered angrily under my breath.

******

It was around 3:00 in the morning when I woke up. Everyone was asleep. Slowly, I got up and climbed down the ladder as quietly as possible. I got my stuff and opened the cabin door. I looked back at my cabin mates and made sure they where asleep, then I closed the door and sprinted to the bathroom to change.

I put my clothes and boots on and left the bathroom swiftly and quietly, heading toward the forest. When I was about, 25 iches in the forest, I heard loud footsteps behind me. Hiding in a giant bush, I waited for whatever was coming.

"Dave where are you going?" a man asked.

"I thought I heard something over here" the man infront of the bush I was hiding in replied.

"Well c'mon, lets go back, the forest is really creepy at this time."

"But I thought I-"

"No c'mon!"

Sighing, the man infront of me trudged toward the chicken at the edge of the forest. Together, the men walked back to camp. I still waited a few minutes to make sure they left, then I got up and walked deeper into the forest.

*****

Just so you know, when i put,

"....toward the chicken the edge of the forest"

I ment that Mikey Boy was calling the guy who was standing there a chicken because of how scared he was. Just.... Yeah i thought it be good if i just put it out there, since my sis asked me a question about that. So........Yeah. Also, im just saying that in case you don't read the comments, since i said the same thing there. And its okay if you don't, i do the same thing all the time when im reading a different story. Either way........

Stay PAWSOME peeps!

                                 ~  .+• FireSpirit •+.

             🌺🌸🌻🌼🌺🌸🌹🌷
               DON'T WORRY,
                     ♥♥BE♥♥
                 ╗╔╔╗╔╗╔╗╗╔
                 ╠╣╠╣╠╝╠╝╚╣
                 ╝╚╝╚╝  ╩      ╩
              🌹🌷🌸🌺🌼🌻🌸🌺