Chapter 7

"Okay, meet in an hour?" Shadow asked before we left. DarkFur nodded, and then he, IceFire and Mountain turned and ran into the bushes, leaving Shadow and I alone. Before they left, we split into groups like I said, so it was me and Shadow on one of them, and everyone else on the other.

"C'mon." She said, turning around to leave.

"Hey wait." I said back to her. She stopped and looked at me. "Your friend-

"Brandon?" She interrupted.

"Yeah." I replied. "Your friend said that there was going to be a "surprise". What did he mean by that?"

She shrugged. "I don't know actually. It's always random and he never tells me."

"Oh"

"Well c'mon, we should get going"

"Where?"

"Hunting, duh."

With that said, she turned back around and sprinted into the forest, me running behind.

***

We made good progress by the time it was turning dark, which was when we met up with the others. So much for meeting up in an hour. Either way, we caught a lot of things, like voles, mice, squirrels and chipmunks, birds, (it turns out that they were right about Shadow. She is really good at climbing things. And she has really good balance too) and even one or two goats.

"Nice load!" Mountain exclaimed when she saw us. They brought back a little less then us, but they still brought back alot of prey.

"Man, you missed out!" Dark said laughing. "IceFire fell down that one hill you're always falling down Shadow!"

"Wow." Shadow said. "Thats a new one."

"Shut up." Ice grumbled.

Shadow giggled and stalked off to put our load in a pile where all our catches were.

*******

After a while, we decided to do our own thing for a bit before we had to to sleep. I was laying on the ground, Dark, Mountain and Ice were sitting in a group talking about stuff, and shadow was asleep next to a tree in human form. She looked pretty. Really pretty. I watched her when someone suddenly spoke right next to me.

"Why you staring at Shadow?" They said. I looked, startled, and saw that it was just Dark.

"W-what? pfft please. I-I wasn't staring. She looked pretty though." I covered my mouth with one paw and spoke again quickly." I mean.. I, uh...."

I facepalmed myself when Dark looked at me and smirked. Uh-oh

"Do you....-"

"Nope. Nuh-uh. Not at all." I interrupted.

"You have a crush on Shadow don't you?" He said.

"No i don't, shut up." I said, looking away because my face was burning. So much for not having a crush.

"Aw c'mon. Just admit it. If you do I'll tell you who my crush is." He promised.

I was too curious for my own good, because i said, "Okay fine. I have a small crush on Shadow..."

"That wasn't so hard was it?" He snickered.

"I hate you. Now your turn." He stopped snickering and looked away.

I followed his gaze and realized he was looking at mountain.

"Do you have a crush on mountain??" I asked.