Chapter 8

Shadow stood there, frozen from fear as the motorcycle zoomed towards her. I could tell that the guy on the bike was trying to stop, but his brakes weren't working. Finally, before the motorcycle hit her, I ran unconsciously and launched myself at Shadow, pushing her out of the way and getting hit by the vehicle instead of her. I screamed, feeling the pain shoot through my whole body. I was thrown forcefully by the hit and landed a few yards away from where I originally got hit. I landed, the impact of hitting the ground knocking the wind out of me.

"Spotted!!" I heard Shadow yell. I weakly turned my head to look in the direction she was and saw that she was running to me. When she reached the spot where I lay, she went into human form and held me in her arms.

"Spotted, you idiot!!" She yelled at me, but her voice was shaky, and I could tell she was worried beyond normal. "Wh-why did you do that?!"

I smiled weakly at her. "Because I d-didn't want you t-to get h-h-hurt.."

I felt a feeling stir inside of me, and I knew I was too weak to stay in animal form. I could tell I was a normal human again, because Shadow's face turned from just worry, to shock, fear and worry. She lowered me gently and backed off a bit.

"W-what? Spotted....you're..you're-" She started.

"I-I know..." I said weakly. "I promise I-I'll explain e-everything to you later if I make it..."

I was starting to loose consciousness. Shadow shook her head as if she were clearing a thought. She came back to me with a frantic expression.

"W-wait no. Spotted stay with me!" She said. I tried to keep my eyes open, but it was no use. Everything slowly faded to black. I saw that Shadow was saying my name but i couldn't hear it. She was shaking me too. Then, everything went dark, and I couldn't see nor hear anything.

** 20 Mins Later **

Before my eyes opened, I felt a fiery pain shoot through my leg, and I jolted upright. I saw that Shadow's hands were hovering over my leg, and that there was green mist around where her hands where. I didn't know what she was doing or how long she had been doing it, but it looked like Shadow was tired. She was sweating a little, as if what she was doing were taking away a lot of energy. Finally, I felt my leg crack or something, and heard Shadow yelp. She took her hands off my leg and collapsed on the ground, panting.

"Finally...healed..." She whispered with a sigh of relief.

I crawled to her, and felt a throbbing, but faded pain in my leg, but it didn't bother me much. I wanted to see if Shadow was okay. When I got to her, I put my hand on her shoulder, and she flinched.

"Hey.. what did you...what did you do back there?" I asked. She looked up at me.

"I-I healed your.....your leg.." She panted. "Took up... t-to much e-energy"

She rolled over so that she laid on her back.

"Are you okay?" I asked, a bit concerned.

"N-no" She replied. She sat up, then stood up, and looked at me, then she slowly backed away. I was confused when I remembered that she saw my true form.

"Now I know why you didn't want to show us your human form. Because you literally were a human."

I stood up as well. "Shadow, I-I would have showed you guys, really,  I would've, but I just couldn't trust you enough."

She looked down.

"Shadow-"

"Do your friends know?"

"Huh?"

"Johnathan and Ginger." She said. "Do they know?"

"Yeah...." I said quietly. I flinched at a thought that came into my head. "Y-you're not going to hurt me... r-right?".