(15) War

Your POV:

You had marched your army to the border between Brune and Zhcted, between Aude and Legnica. The stretch of land was known as the Dinant Plains. Your and Elen's armies had set up camp. You sat down by a rectangular table in your tent, relaxing. To the right side of you, sat Elen, and to the left of you, sat Lim.

"What are we doing here?" Elen asked "And I have to admit, it feels weird being back here."

"We're waiting for the arrival of a larger portion of my army, but we're also waiting for some other Immortal clans' armies."

"They're helping us?" Elen and Lim asked.

"Not all of the clans," You replied "You should watch your fucking back though, don't expect the clans or should I say, our allies, to be fully co-operative with us, it pains me to say this but the Immortals are powerful allies but unreliable sometimes."

They only nodded.

"Chief!"

You looked up to see 1 of your Immortal soldiers enter the tent.

"What is it?"

"Many banners approach us from the East, a white skull on a black background," The soldier reported "The Immortal Cult have arrived and from the looks of it, they've brought 5 000 men with them."

"They've brought half of their army, huh," You said to yourself before looking back at the soldier "Who's their general?"

"I believe it's their Chief's son, Drax."

"I see, not bad," You said to yourself "Very well, you may go."

"Chief," The soldier bowed before returning to the camp.

"Are they any good?" Elen asked you with interest "And I just remembered, you never got to tell me about the Immortal clans."

"I would like to know about the clans as well," Lim said.

"Alright, but I'll only tell you about my clan and the clans supporting us."

They nodded with intrigue.

"First of all, my clan is known as the Immortal Horde. My army is well known for its variety in its military and our flag is a black background with an angry theatre mask in the middle with spears surrounding it."

"Next is the clan that we were just informed about, the Immortal Cult, with an army of
10 000. Their army is mainly infantry but does have cavalry, just not the cavalry you'd think. They're batshit and nearly every soldier is mentally insane. They normally break out criminals in prisons before recruiting them."

"Thirdly is the clan of the Immortal Wolves. Our clan is actually allied with them and we've exchanged troops. We have given them 2 000 of our archers in return for 500 of their Warg riders and 650 of their Hunters. I believe their army numbers at 12 000 with 2 thirds of their army consisting of cavalry with the last 4 000 being our archers and Hunters, which by the way are large humanoid wolves. Their flag is the face of a grey wolf with 2 other grey wolf faces on either side facing sideways on a black background."

"Fourthly we have the-"

"Chief, another army has been spotted marching from the East, about 4 000 men!"

You looked at the soldier "Their banner?"

"I've never seen it before but it's a purple flag with a yellow circle and an orange whip in the middle," He reported.

"That's Elizaveta's army..."

"Who's Elizaveta?" You asked.

"Chief, another army approaches from the south west, 11 000!" Another soldier shouted.