(19) Favours

Your POV:

"Never mind, I guess I'm stuck in this shithole for now."

"Quiet in there!" A guard called out.

You just sighed, laying there in the small, dimly lit room. All you could see were the cold stone walls and the iron bars of your cell, which only revealed another stone wall.

'I've been stuck here for three days, Valentina's annoying but at least she kept me company.'

A sigh escaped your lips. You thought you could escape easily by summoning your weapons but your hands were tied so you pretty much had to wait for someone to save you, much to your disappointment.

"Lady Valentina? Your back?"

You looked up at the bars of your jail.

"I did say I was coming didn't I?" You heard her voice.

"Yes but, uhh, I didn't expect you to actually come back."

"Well I'm here aren't I, is Lord (Y/N) still here?"

"Yes milady, the vermin is still in his cell."

"Well isn't he being a good boy," You heard her giggle.

You saw shadows near your cell and soon Valentina along with a couple of soldiers from Osterode.

"There you are Lord (Y/N)," She smiled "Tell me, how are you feeling."

"Shit."

"Hey, I said I would talk with you later right?" She carried on.

"That's cool."

She sighed to herself.

"How dare you answer the Lady like that, you Immortal dog!" One of her men growled.

"Now, now, let's try and play nice," Valentina smiled "Lord (Y/N), just hear me out."

You looked up at her "I'm listening."

"Good," She replied "I offer you freedom."

You yawned "Hmph, what's the catch, my virginity?"

"Haha, no, you wish," She winked "I just want to see your skills for myself...there's bandits raiding our caravans constantly and they have proved to be a great nuisance to my people."

"So I kill them and I'm free?" You asked.

"Of course," She smiled.

"Huh...well that's easy," You said aloud.

"Well, I thought you'd be up to the job because the bandits raiding our caravans are Immortals," She replied "It's like fighting fire with fire."

You thought for a bit. You didn't expect to be fighting other Immortals.

"What clan are they from?" You asked "I'll see if I'll help or not."

"Clan?" Valentina mumbled tilting her head in confusion.

You shook your head "Uh, what does their flag look like?"

"A rat with crossed daggers," She replied.

"Oh...those bastards, the Immortal Snarers," You laughed "Their runaways from the Immortal Vipers, if I remember correctly they are 2 000 strong."