(20) Immortal Vipers

Your POV:

You looked around as you, Valentina and her men were surrounded by the Immortals.

Your back was against Valentina and you both looked at each other.

"You still holding up?" You asked.

"I'm a war maiden of course I am," Valentina smiled before holding her scythe tightly "I'll fight to my last breath!"

You smiled back "While I may have been forced to help you, I'm gonna make sure that my death won't be at the hands of these dirty rat bastards!"

The Snarers all charged at you from all opposing directions, swords and spears raised.

The Osterode knights and the Immortal bandits both cried out before engaging in hand to hand combat with each other.

You headed straight to the front and hacked down the cloaked men.

Valentina danced around evasively, picking the Immortals off one by one.

Sword clashed against spear and spear clashed against sword. Warm bodies hit the cold floor with thuds that echoed throughout the cave system.

"There's so many!" Valentina cried out as many of the Immortals turned their focus onto her.

"Kill the war maiden!" They shouted as they lunged at her.

"Valentina!" You cried out as you sprinted pass all of the combatants.

You rushed to the vulnerable war maiden and fended the Snarers off. A group of them rushed at you. Dodging the tips of their spears and the blades of their swords, you cut down whoever you could.

However you could feel yourself becoming overwhelmed.

"He's open!"

"KILL HIM!"

A Snarer came from the rabble of fighters and before you knew it...

"Nghhh..."

You looked down at your stomach to see a spear embedded into your body.

"(Y/N)!" Valentina cried.

Your eyes looked up to see a cloaked man, his mouth curved into a jeering smile. Your hands went down to the pole stuck into your stomach, clawing at the weapon.

The Immortal burst into a jesting laugh as he stuck the polearm deeper into your body.

Blood spewed from your mouth as you gasped for air.

"How does it feel you Zhcted BASTARD!" The Snarer shouted.

You coughed up blood before gritting your teeth.

"Th-this isn't anything..." You whispered faintly.

"What, are you crying ha-"

The Snarer watched in horror as your bloodied hands gripped onto the spear that impaled you and with one quick motion you ripped the weapon from your body.

"M-MY GOD," He screamed out in fear "IT'S THE LITTLE DRAGON, ARGH-"

You sent your blade straight through the man's skull before putting in more force and completely splitting the Immortal in half.

"HE'S A MONSTER!"

"DON'T BACK DOWN, KILL HIM!"

You felt yourself begin to laugh as you ducked around the dark caves.

"COME ON YOU RAT BASTARDS!" You bellowed as you stabbed someone with your sword before bringing it sideways and slicing another man in half, his mouth and eyes agape with fear as the top half of his body soared into the air with a stream of blood.