Chapter 8

Rachel's P.O.V

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Whilst I was walking towards the guest cabin, I thought about Alice. What she had told me yesterday had been a shock, what she had suggested would change the camp for ever. I smiled, it was her choice and I was glad she made it. Well, it gave me some extra things to finish that I'd planned on doing anyway. Finally making it to the guest's cabin, I opened the door quietly.

Surprise is the key element, I thought with a smirk, I picked up a wooden spoon and a saucepan lid that had been sitting on the stove. I straightened up, clutching my weapons of choice in my hands, all the bunks filled with sleeping bodies, I giggled as I noticed one body had a knitted viking helmet fitted snugly on his head. I breathed in deeply, lifting my left hand into the air (armed with the wooden spoon). Suddenly I brought it against the saucepan lid, creating a loud racket that woke, almost, everybody. Simon screamed and fell out of bed, Lewis looked scared shitless, everyone else proceeded to throw socks and shoes at me, not able to sacrifice their comfy pillows. I glanced around and grinned.

"Anyone that doesn't get up now will not be able to help me jump on Duncan to wake him up!" I yelled, everyone woke up and jumped out of bed (except Duncan). They were all grinning mischeiviously, their sleepy eyes sparkling. I gestured for them to follow me and crept silently towards Duncan's bunk.

Everyone gathered around and Kim produced a popper out of no where (I didn't even want to know) I held it around a meter away from Duncan's bunk before setting it off. Confetti got everywhere as the blonde smacked his head against the top bunk in his shocked haste. The Yogs and I started laughing, Kim biting her lip to hold back hysterics. Lewis wiping his glasses whilst he laughed and Simon removing his hat. Duncan gave us all the death glare.

"Breakfast is being served you dumb-ass, get up!" I chirped, he grumbled as he rolled over to pull on some shoes (His trusty trainers) and a hoodie. I guess he was cold when he woke up in the mornings, either that or he normally has a woman in a bright orange t-shirt set off a popper next to his head every morning! I giggled as he stood up, nearly hitting his head on a low beam that ran across the rafters of the cabin. I asked them to follow me and they obliged.

I escorted them into the mess hall, hardly anybody was in here apart from cabin leaders. They all turned an enquiring glance before averting their eyes in embarrassment (you would to if the man you were meant to represent walked in wearing a knitted dwarf hat and beard with a t-shirt and joggers on). Lewis smiled sheepishly at Lena who hadn't gotten dressed herself, she didn't care how she looked in the mornings when the rest of the cabin wasn't there. Lizze had tried to get dressed, but gave up halfway through and was wearing a pink. fluffy dressing gown, Crystal was one of the few leaders who'd decided that getting dressed was a good idea. The leaders all sat down with a hearty breakfast, I served the Yogs the same. I laughed as they sleepily started tucking in, the leaders carried on their meeting for the day.

"But that's our group activity area! You can't use that today, we have advanced hole diggin' to do!"

Poor Simon choked, Hannah patted his back and everyone watched the scene with the leaders. Lizzie was stood up, her hands planted firmly on either side of her plate, her face red and stony serious. Lena drank her tea and placed her hands behind her head, adjusting her glasses as she went.

"Lizzie, you need to understand that drill is one of my key starts to the day. I need a bigger space to fit everyone in!"

"Well, you always practise near the cabin. Go continue your drills there!"

"Lizzie...."

"Don't 'Lizzie' me Lena! I need to do something with my cabin otherwise they're going to drive me crazy!"

"Lizzie, you're already crazy. They don't need to tie you to a chair and make you listen to opera to acheive that."

Lizzie started a very good impression of a goldfish, her cheeks puffed up and she screwed up her eyes. I could see tears glistening in them, Simon reached out to comfort her but I shook my head, he backed off. Lena sighed.

"Fine, you can have the mud pit today..." She mumbled, sipping her tea.

"THANK YOU LENA!!!" Lizzie screamed, bear hugging her friend and causing her to splutter on her tea. The leaders laughed until Ryan sombered the mood again.

"What's going to happen to Lalna Cabin?" He asked, everybody looked to me for guidence. I sighed and dropped my shoulders, frowning in distaste.

"I'm going to have to destroy it soon, nobodys ever lived in that thing since it was built."

Everybody was silent, Duncan looked hurt, Kim and Zoey soon started conforting him. I smiled, confusing everyone who was paying attention.

"But," I chirp. "I've had an offer from a camper to become a leader!"

The chaos started then, the leaders rattling off a list of the most likely canidets to threaten their leadership. Lena was the most annoyed by it though, she'd worked hard to get where she was and she wasn't going to let it go easily. Lizzie had been helped by Lena and Crystal, she wanted to protect herself and her friends. I raised a hand and the chatter ceased.

"I havn't accepted or declined, but you will know by tomorrow."

As if on que, the rest of the cabins started to slowly trickle in, Lena picked herself off and wandered back to her cabin to get dressed. Others just moved to their table and carried on like nothing was happening. I smiled as I saw them scanning everyone's faces, daring them to challenge. I hadn't told them who, or what cabin for a good reason. Because nobody would believe it if I did tell them....