Chapter 9

Alice's P.O.V

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

I bit my nails. Not that there was alot to bite but I didn't care. What was I thinking? I just did something that could end up destroying the whole heirarchy of the cabins. Stupid, stupid Alice. I take in a shakey breath and drag myself towards the mess hall, hoping that Rachel hadn't told them about my plans.

As I walked in, I relaxed. Everything was as it should be, nobody was sending me death glares or muttering quietly about me, even the Yogscast seemed oblivious to my pressence today. I smiled slightly as Amber bounced over to drag me to the Sparkles* Cabin table, everyone said 'hi' and I waved back. Not a person of many words me. Amber filled the gap with endless chatter, her hair like the negative print version of mine. I smiled at my friend as Rachel called out for silence.

"Today is tree climbing and archery guys! You will be doing this in your cabins, you will have the appropriate Yogscast member with you also." She stated, everyone 'wooped' and yelled but I remained silent. Who was I gonig with? Surely she was going to wait until tomorrow like I'd asked? I silently thanked her when she said that she wanted a cabin to take in me and Duncan.

Duncan looked hurt, probably because he hadn't got a cabin really, he looked sweet, although crumpled in his pj's. Amber offered to take me in but not Duncan, eventually it was decided that Rythian's cabin was putting up with us. Ryan smiled at me, Rythian smiled at Duncan and shook his hand. The rest of the campers looked shocked, Rythian and Duncan getting along? Sacralidge! I giggled as Ryan rolled his eyes at his fellow cabin mates, they sombered up pretty quickly when Ryan started talking tactics for the tree climb.

We talked stratgy all the way there, We agreed that the best tactic was for Rythian and Duncan to climb up first before helping the Yognau(gh)ts to find hand holds. I smiled as we set to work after Rachel's lecture on having fun whilst staying safe as you can, Rythian was up the tree like a pro and Duncan caught up after a couple of minutes, he found it harder to find hand holds than Rythian did. They started helping up the rest of the campers, Ryan going up first followed by a girl then so-on-and-so-fourth. Finally I was the only one left to climb into the old oak tree, I glanced at the other cabins, they were struggling to get the last ten members up and Rythian's Cabin were shouting at me to come along. I shrugged and stepped back several paces. Everyone sent me a questioning look. I dropped into a low sprinting crouch, shifting my weight.

Suddenly I jerked forward, running at the trunk of the tree. I darted my hands out and grabbed a handhold in the thick trunk of the tree, pulling my light body up into the branches. Everyone looked at me agape when I sat down.

"What?" I muttered, covering my right eye with my blonde fringe that was inhabbited by a brown and blue streak. I could feel eyes on my scars, I turned away and pulled my beanie down more firmly. Making it firm that I wasn't going to talk about it. Nobody talked to me, and my existance forgotten once more by everybody. Except one person. I looked from the corner of my eye and saw Duncan sitting there, looking at me sadly. I sighed and jumped down, muttering to Rachel that I was going to the mess hall. She nodded though she gave me a strange look as I went past. I didn't care, I wasn't going to talk about the past or my tree climbing skills. I'd drawn too much attention to myself, attention that I was trying to avoid until tomorrow at least.

Once I'd reached the mess hall, I sat down on the Lalna cabin table, not caring if I was seen here or not. I felt wrong in the other cabins, they didn't fit me. Especially not Rythian's cabin, filled with magic tricks and dark furnishings, it gave me the creeps. I shuddered as I rememberd the horrible black sheets and purple pillow casings, also the creepy ender eye painting that hung opposite my bed, no not one more night in enderland for me thank you. I close my eyes and instinctivly cover my left eye with my hand. I didn't notice the sound of footsteps in the empty hall until a gentle hand was placed on my shoulder.

"Are you alright?".....