Chapter 11

Alice's P.O.V

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

They all gasped in admiration as I pulled out the contents of my sports bag.

A bow made from birch wood, symbols carved into the wood and a carved wolfs head proudly sitting at both ends of the main bow. The string was taunt and ready to notch an arrow, the grip made of a soft brown leather. The runes that lined it were Celtic and meant 'life'. I pulled out a quiver of hand made arrows (the quiver also hand made.) and took one out carefully. The others seemed to snap to their senses and notched their own arrows, some struggling to draw the string back far enough to get a good shot.

Simon's landed in the grass infront of the target, everyone else hit eith one or three. Hannah hit an eight but I chuckled and smiled deviously. Notching my arrow and drawing the string with ease from years of practise. I lined it up with my body and the target, breathing in silently and slowly.

An old hunting habbit that I still kept even though I wasn't with the wolves anymore. I kept my bow drawn until I could feel the metal cutting into the bone in my fingers. Then I let the arrow fly. A familer sound of the arrow smacking into the target echoed into the air and I looked at my shot.

A near perfect bullseye. Everyone stared at me, like I was suddenly growing a second head. I didn't care though, I smiled slightly before loosing my confidence. I stepped down from the post and carefully placed my bow back into it's bag after going out to collect my arrow. Packing my things, I left. Didn't say one word. Not even to Duncan, who I'd trusted with my story. I walked back to Lalna Cabin and pushed the door open. The Cabin freshly cleaned and the beds bare, I sighed and locked the door behind me. I sank onto the floor and leaned against the door, removing my beanie and laying it in my lap. I let a tear fall as I thought of my beautiful pack and of the joys of being truley free.

In honor of my pack, I let out a spine-chilling howl. The sound echoing back to me inside the log cabin and obviously heard by those outside. The howl so close to a real wolf that it just made me even sadder. I finished my howl and stood up, walking over to the one bed that had sheets on it. Opening the bag that was set upon it. I looked inside and sighed, then steeling myself up for the next day.

I need to be strong, to be a survivor once more if I'm going through with my plans........