Point of View Task

Third Person P.O.V

Adellyn had just left work and was driving back home in her car. The moon's light was obscured by bright street lamps scattered across the empty road. All was quiet. Her head began to throb uncontrollably with pain. Adellyn pulled off the road before rubbing her temples in a poor attempt to ease the pain.

Agh, my head is killing me Adellyn thought in aggravation. She reached towards the back seat for her beaten up blue handbag. Resting it on her lap Adellyn began to shuffle through her belongings looking for a pain reliever. Her headache only worsened once she realized that her phone was nowhere to be found.

"I must have left it at work again!" Adellyn groaned with frustration. She backed up into the road before turning to head back towards her workplace. Little did she know what surprises she would find.

-----------------------------------------

Adellyn cautiously roamed through the brightly lit hallways. Her headache long forgotten she passed many interrogation rooms and offices. The usually bustling station was eerily still.

"HOW DARE YOU!!"

Adellyn's mother screeched with burning hatred. Adellyn, however, had no clue as to whom the voice belonged to, all she could think about was that the source of the yelling came from the workroom a few doors ahead. Her office.

As Adellyn silently crept towards the door she quietly sent a prayer to God that she wouldn't be caught. Right when she reached the door the sobs of a child penetrated Adellyn's heart. Why was a child here?

"Please d-don't send them. I'm sorry"

Adellyn craned her neck to the small, convenient window on the door. Adellyn's eyes widened at the sight before her. A short, plump woman with a curly brown afro that was tied back with a bandana, her mother, was standing by her cubicle. But what drew her gaze was enough to make her vomit.

A cluster of arms and hands were crawling across the far back wall the workroom. Their fingers dancing like spider legs all heading towards the silhouette of a trembling child. Pryce

A scream rang out once the bundle of limbs reached their target. Crimson liquid splattered across the room staining the ivory wall. The mutilated corpse of Adellyn's little brother lay still, unmoving, and she could only stare in horror while her mother turned to face her smirking.

First Person P.O.V

I had just left work and was driving back home in my car. Street lights stood in two lanes illuminating the empty road. All was quiet. Suddenly, my head started thrumming with pain. It was as if there was someone in her skull hammering away at the bone. I pulled off the road before rubbing my temples hoping to ease the headache.

Agh, my head is killing me. I reached for my blue handbag that was given as a gift from my younger brother. Resting it on my lap I shuffled through my things looking for a pain reliever. My headache only got worse when I realized that my phone was missing.

"I must have left it at work again!" I groaned, scolding myself for my carelessness. I backed up into the road before turning to head back towards the station.

-----------------------------------------

I cautiously roamed through the brightly lit hallway, my headache long forgotten. I passed many interrogation rooms and offices. The lack of energy and noise unnerved me to say the least.

"HOW DARE YOU!!"

My heart pounded against my chest, and my palms were coated with sweat. The voice sounded familiar, but I couldn't recognise who it could be. However, one thought continued to circle my head; the voice was coming from my office.

I silently crept towards the door, praying to God that I wouldn't be caught. I had just reached the door when the unmistakable sound of a child sobbing tugged at my heartstrings. Why was a child here?

"Please d-don't send them. I'm sorry"

My heart stopped.

My fears were confirmed once I craned my neck to look through the window on the door. My mother was standing right by my cubicle. But what caused my eyes to widen with fear was a cluster of arms and hands crawling across the far back wall the workroom. The fingers danced with its razor sharp nails tapping across the wall, all heading towards the silhouette of a trembling child. Pryce

A scream rang out once the bundle of limbs reached their target. Crimson liquid splattered across the room staining the ivory wall. My cherished brother's mutilated corpse lay still and unmoving. I fought back tears and vomit as I stared in horror at the ghostly smirk my mother wore.

Second Person P.O.V

"HOW DARE YOU!!"

You trembled with fear trying to look anywhere but the owner of the voice. You curled up into yourself even more hoping, praying that just maybe you could make yourself small enough so that you couldn't be noticed. Unfortunately for you, this only made her fury grow.

Sobs tore from your throat. You continued to bawl your tears out, all you wanted was to visit your older sister it had been months since you last saw her. You didn't think that you would get caught, but you did and now you were going to pay with your life.

The short woman who claimed to be your mother towered over your small frame. You could not possibly know what she was capable of from just her physical appearance. But you did. Her hazel eyes glinted red with malicious intent. You knew what she was going to do, you had seen them before, and again and again in your nightmares.

"Please d-don't send them. I'm sorry," you pleaded, but your wishes were ignored. Your body wracked with endless sobs. Your stomach dropped with dread and despair for what was to come. Even now you could hear it. The sound of nails scraping against the plaster of the wall. The deafening noise of arms thumping against one another.

There was no way out, the sadistic woman blocked the only exit. It was hopeless. Then pain shot throughout your body as the blade like nails ripped into your flesh. Pure agony spread through your bones. A scream tore from your throat.

Then the pain stopped.