My Ending of "Monkey's Paw"

Written April 18th 2017

A/N For this story it needs a little background information. So basically, we were reading a horror story called, "Monkey's Paw" (great story you should totally go and read it), and once we got to halfway we stopped reading and the teacher told us to write a horror story or what we think the ending to the story might be. But there was a catch. We had to put words that the teacher gave us into the story. Here are some of mine:

Isolated

Hair-rising

Winding

Ominous

Nightmarish

It was the rain banging like acid against my vulnerable skin flowing down my battered clothes. My friends had left me telling me that the Monkey's Paw had driven me psychotic. But deserting it wasn't on my to-do list. Isolated from everyone else I had no one to help me in this darkening maze of trees. I stumbled forward not accepting death just yet. 

Pain jolted up my foot something had hit my toe really hard. I fell forward and shadows engulfed me as I fell down into the hair-rising room, I looked below, what I saw sent a chill down my spine. Stairs, dozens of stairs winding down. I looked above me....the entrance was closed off there was no way out. I started to make my way carefully down the stairs even though an ominous feeling swirled around my mind, though there was not much sanity left in there. AGH! The alarming sound echoed around me, the source coming from the bottom. When I reached the bottom a nightmarish scene took my breath away.

Vines hung from the walls with a cluster of webs in all corners slowly deteriorating. In the corner a spade sat rusted straight to the core. Chains rattled nearby, I swivelled my head to face my supposed attacker but what I found was beyond imagination. A man knelt, head low was muttering to himself saying things like, " no go away, leave me alone, I'm worthless, KILL ME!" I didn't know what to do so I did what any insane person would do....I took a step forward. As fast as lightning the battered man shot his head up his gaze boring into me. "Dad save me, dad help me. Why did you leave me?" Cried the sound of a young boy.

" Go away! I didn't do anything!" My voice shaking as I replied, uncertain.

" I thought that once too you know." It took all of my energy to focus on the direction from where the raspy, dark whisper was.