iv. 'two, three, four'

the first of february, 2018.
london.

twitter

Harry Styles. | Harry_Styles
Thank you for the birthday love, for doing wonderful things and being wonderful. Love you. H
—  172.7k Retweets
508.4k Likes

ø ø ø

"do i wish him happy birthday?" adrian asked, "i mean, i haven't actually met him yet, or had any contact with him yet, and i—"

adrian's company sighed. a thirty-seven year old man put down the lettuce he was washing in the kitchen, and looked pointedly at the model sitting in front of him. "honestly, ads, i don't think it would be a big deal either way. but you do see him tomorrow, so you can just do it then. that's stress free, right?"

"i mean, technically." adrian laughed, putting his phone down on the decision he wouldn't message harry styles, who was celebrating his twenty-fourth birthday.

it was the day before his photo shoot. adrian's good friend, literally one out of two of his friends, ben, was accompanying him for dinner. stress, like the stress before a shoot, could make his seizures worse, so ben had insisted supervision. ben had done this many times, he was, in as much meaning as applicable, the twenty-one year olds father figure and family. ben was an actor, quite well known in britain at that. from starring in paddington, the danish girl, skyfall, spectre, the upcoming series a very english scandal with hugh grant, and the new remake of mary poppins, ben was, indeed, quite well known.
adrian had met ben under difficult circumstances. the circumstances being when he moved out of his family home at sixteen. adrian was welcomed in by olly alexander, who happened to be entertaining ben—who had starred alongside olly in theatre productions—and the rest was history. ben, seeing a young queer boy in need, began an all to generous paternal relationship, that saw the name 'ben whishaw' planted on every 'guardian signature' dotted line presented to adrian for over a year.

ø ø ø

adrian often doubted himself, wondered if his friends' statuses would be credited for any future success. that was why, when new world offered him a job with no reference to anyone neither olly or ben had previously worked with, and based off of adrian's personal message, things finally started to feel right.

now, for the hard part.
actually doing the shoot.