Special Chapter - Crown Princess

This is a life story of Crown Princess, one of my most favourite character. Hope you like her as much as I do!

---

The magnificently-built manor stood gloriously under the eclipse moon which illuminated the world with its gentle light. Torches were burned in the manor, everyone was standing by the Madam's bedchamber which was filled with tension. The Master had been anxiously standing outside with his servants for hours, waiting for the good news.

The agonising screams of a woman echoed within the room, while other women knelt by her bed, busily bringing in new batches of hot water.

"Push, Madam! Just a little more!" The head midwife knelt at the edge of the bed while another lower midwife held onto a piece of clean cloth. A while later, the sound of a crying baby was heard and everyone heaved a sigh of relief. Soon, the doors were opened and the head midwife came out smiling, holding the baby in a piece of silk. She carefully held the baby as she walked over to the Master, handing the little bundle of liveliness over to him.

"It is a girl, Master," she said. Seeing the beautiful newborn, he laughed joyously and stroked the soft cheeks of the little baby with his fingers.

"What a beautiful girl. My dear daughter, I should name you Qiàn. From today on, you are Wéi Qiàn."

---

The backyard was being enveloped with the warm spring sunlight as giggles of children lifted the atmosphere at the garden. A group of young girls were holding onto arrows passed to them by their servants as they took turns throwing them into a pot positioned a distance away from them. They cheered for those who managed to throw the arrows into the pot and score a point.

Another younger girl with two female servants following behind her walked into the premises of the garden, approaching the group slowly. The girl saw the game they were playing and bit her lower lip, wanting to join in on the game as well. When the group noticed her, they immediately halted their activities and their giggles vanished as if they never existed before. The young girl's heart sank seeing their reaction towards her presence. Still, she tried to talk to them.

"What are Sisters playing?" she asked them.

"No, nothing."

"We are not playing anymore."

The answers she received were definitely far from welcoming. None of the girls' were looking at her. They just looked on the ground or the flowers around.

"I also want to play. Let us-"

"Sister Qiàn, you should go back to practising before Mother find out that you are playing. Or else we would be the one blamed for distracting you." The oldest girl commented. The young girl saw the unwilling looks plastered all over their faces and she kept her mouth shut, turning around on her feet and walking back to her quarters.

"Look at how arrogant she is, even though she is the youngest among us."

"Just because she is born to the First Wife, she acts so full of herself."

She heard the whispers of the group of girls born to the mistresses of her father. It was not the first time for her, but still it was not pleasant, not to anyone especially a little girl. She just wanted to play.

Was it a sin to be born as a legitimate child of the official wife?

---

Sitting by the opened window for sunlight, she held onto a piece of pale pink silk kept taught by the embroidery hoop she had her servant put on earlier. She worked her delicate fingers around a thin needle and cut away the connected thread, lifting her precious piece of art up and smiled satisfactorily.