Chapter Three: Starving

Tasha followed behind him, running her fingers along where Gavin had touched her. She tried to ignore the feeling but she couldn't shake it as Gavin and her walked into the room.

Past the hidden window, they could see Chris bringing in the suspect. Being alone in a room with Gavin, especially a darker room like the one they were currently occupying made it hard for Tasha to think. Her thoughts would stray to things she shouldn't think of. But Gavin didn't help that. Quite often when they were alone he'd brush up against her when walking past or he'd touch her arm to get her attention.

"Tasha?"

Tasha blinked a few times, being brought out of her thoughts by Gavin standing a few inches from her. "Sorry. What did you say?"

Gavin chuckled, handing the folder to her. "I'm going to go interrogate him. Your writing's easier to read than mine."

Tasha nodded, trying to hide her blush as he brushed past her.

He's just your friend. Stop.

Tasha took notes for the interrogation, but found herself mainly listening to Gavin's voice and watching him through the glass. He usually got too hands on with the suspects, but he was good enough at his job he didn't get in trouble for it.

After Gavin got his confession, he went back into the room Tasha was in, smiling when he saw she was finishing her notes.

After he walked over to her, Gavin rested his arms on her shoulders as he looked down at her notes. "Do you have plans tonight?"

"Other than sit at home by myself like I do every night? Nope."

Gavin hesitated to speak for a moment. It was a stupid idea, but she's his partner so it doesn't make it weird, right? It's not like it's a date or anything...

"I'm gonna take you out for dinner."

Tasha nearly choked on her saliva as she turned in her chair to look at him. "What?"

"You said you don't have any plans," He leant down so he was level with her sitting. "Now you have plans with me."

Tasha averted her gaze, but smiled slightly. "Alright, hot shot. What makes you think I want to go to dinner with you?"

"Other than my extremely good looks and amazing personality?" Gavin laughed, pulling her to a standing position. "I'll pay for your meal, plus I might even have a surprise for later, if you're nice to me."

"If the surprise involves anything weird, I'll kick your ass, you know that right?"

Gavin chuckled as he wrapped his arm around Tasha's shoulder as he pulled her into the hallway. "Don't worry, as much as I'd loooove to bring you to my place and do unspeakable things to you," While she kept her gaze forward, Gavin didn't miss the blush on her cheeks, "It's nothing like that, beautiful."

Tasha shrugged his arm off when they arrived at the office, not needing a scolding from the Captain. Before she could go to her desk, Gavin pulled her into the break room. He had overheard some of the younger workers saying that they were going to ask Tasha out, so when he saw one of them going to her desk, he didn't want to risk her actually saying yes to one of those losers.

"Gavin, what the fuck—"

Gavin had pushed her against the wall, his hand over her mouth. His grey eyes stared down at hers, and he couldn't help but chuckle at the annoyed look on her face.

"Sorry." Gavin smirked as he let go of her.

"Is there a reason you shoved me against the wall? Other than being a creep?"

Gavin shrugged, "Just go to the car, I'll grab your shit."

"Wow, what a gentleman." Tasha slow clapped, rolling her eyes as she walked to the parking lot.

That was fucking weird.

•••

If you have any Gavin x Tasha ideas let me know ;) There's gonna be angst soon, just you wait.