Chapter Six: Sober

•••

Tasha woke up with a groan, her stomach aching with every movement she made. She quickly ran into the bathroom, kneeling over the toilet before puking. It didn't take long for someone to pull her hair away from her face, resting the other hand against her back.

"You don't need to see this." Tasha whined in between vomiting.

"Sadly I've had more mornings like this than I'd like to admit." Gavin said as he rubbed her back soothingly. "Aren't you happy I cut you off?"

"Yes." Tasha replied, gripping onto the toilet seat. "Why do people drink?! Fuck this shit."

Gavin chuckled, "You'll be fine. Will you be fine for two minutes?"

"No, I'm probably going to die." Tasha mumbled dramatically as she tried to calm her stomach.

Gavin brought her a cold glass of water. "Drink up."

"There's no way I can drink anything right now." Tasha replied. Just looking at the glass made her stomach churn.

"It'll help. Trust me." Gavin smiled, and damn him, that smile was impossible to say no to.

Tasha sighed, grabbing the glass from him and drinking it slowly.

"Thank god we don't work until the afternoon." Tasha praised, downing cup after cup of water until she couldn't drink anymore. "You were right. Water does help."

"Aren't I always?" Gavin helped Tasha to her feet.

"Ha ha."

Tasha sobered up quickly and it didn't take long for the duo to arrive at work for their shift.

Chris immediately began talking about his wedding to Tasha as she sat at her desk.

Chris chuckled as he leaned against Tasha's desk. "You know, Tash. You should bring a date."

Gavin glared at him, while Chris just smiled smugly back.

"Oh, yeah, because I have all the men lined up to date me." Tasha said sarcastically. "I haven't dated since I was in high school."

"Now that's sad." Chris patted Tasha on the shoulder.

"Not really, I prefer working and spending time with you losers than trying to find a guy to hook up with."

"Well, you don't need a boyfriend to hook up with someone." Chris smirked. "When was the last time you got laid?"

Tasha rolled her eyes, "Like I said, the last time I dated someone was in high school."

Chris sniggered. "You're telling me you haven't got laid since—"

"Actually, now that I think about it, I think in college I slept with a guy? I don't think it was very good because I don't remember it." Tasha laughed.

"Well, still! That's way to long for someone as young as you. Tell her, Gavin!"

Gavin looked at Tasha for a moment. "One night stands aren't so bad. You're young, you—"

"I'm not sure why we talk about our sexual lives with each other." Tasha sighed, shaking her head. "Yeah I get it, I'm young. I'm only twenty one, but I'm more mature than both of you combined. If I was desperate enough I'm sure I can find someone hot for a one night stand but I'm not down for that."

"Do you even masturbate?"

"Jesus Christ!" Tasha stood from her desk, walking away from them.

"I think that's a no." Chris chuckled, looking at Gavin who was still watching Tasha as she walked further away.

"Gavin, why won't you ask her out already?!"

"I'm too old for her, Chris." Gavin sighed.

"Do you really think she thinks that? How can you not see how head over heels she is for you?!"

Gavin mumbled something as Chris walked towards his desk.

"Ask her to the wedding before someone else does."

A/N: I hope you guys enjoy! Let me know what you want to see with Gavin x Tasha!