Chapter Ten: Only Know You Love Her When You Let Her Go

That night Gavin's dreams were filled with nothing but Tasha. Her laugh, her smile. The way she'd look at him when she thought he wasn't looking.

Gavin held Tasha's hand as he drove her home. When they reached her door, she turned to look at him. When she did, Gavin leaned down, pressing his lips to hers. Tasha quickly reciprocated the kiss, pulling him closer. Gavin pushed her against her door, his lips moving fast against hers.

"I love you." She told him, making his heart race.

But quickly the scene faded to the image of Tasha crying, and looking at him with hate filled eyes.

Gavin woke up with a start, rubbing the sweat off his forehead.

I have to find a way to apologize to her.

Gavin made sure he got to work early so he could talk to Tasha. When he arrived he waited nervously by her desk. It'll be fine. I'll explain and she'll forgive me. Yeah, it'll be fine. Gavin's thoughts halted when he saw Tasha walk into the precinct. He was taken aback by how well dressed she was — not that she normally didn't dress well, but this was an outfit he had never seen her wear before. Her hair was curled, and she even had makeup on. Wait, is she wearing heels?! Tasha hates heels, why would she...

Tasha ignored Gavin as she walked past him, sitting at her desk as if he wasn't there.

"Hey." Gavin started nervously, trying his best to seem confident.

Tasha didn't say anything. Okay, maybe she's still upset.

"Are you alright?"

"Why wouldn't I be?" She replied, no emotion evident in her voice.

"You left the wedding early... I would've driven you home if—"

"You seemed a bit preoccupied." Tasha replied, again not bothering to look at him.

Gavin was taken aback by her words, causing his resolve to falter slightly. "Tasha, I— I'm sorry. I didn't mean for—"

"You didn't mean for what?! You had your hands all over a fucking stranger." She replied, her voice dripping with an emotion he had never seen her express before, and it honestly scared him a little bit.

"Tasha," Gavin pleaded, resting his hand on hers. "Please, let me explain—"

Tasha snatched her hand away from his as she stood up. "We have work to do. Get your shit together." With that she walked away from him, leaving Gavin confused.

What the fuck just happened?

Gavin tried repeatedly to speak to Tasha about that night but she ignored him. It wasn't just for a day, it was five days of her ignoring him except for work related inquiries, and even then she hardly said a single thing to him.

They had just finished lunch and were walking back to the precinct when Gavin decided he would give it another shot.

"Tasha," Gavin started causing Tasha to sigh.

"What?"

"I'm sorry."

"Gavin, I really don't want to hear it—"

"I shouldn't have kissed that girl, alright? I was scared and—"

"Oh my fucking god! Are you fucking serious?! So let me get this straight, dipshit. You took me to the wedding as your date, got scared and your brilliant idea was to go put your hands all over another girl?!" Tasha scoffed as anger boiled in her veins. She wanted to hate him. But she didn't. She couldn't... and that made her all the more angry.

"Tasha—"

"Don't Tasha me, Reed. I was scared too but you didn't see me trying to fuck another guy!" Tasha snapped at him, glaring. "I am so sick of your excuses. You can't even take one second to think of anyone's feelings except your own."

Gavin grabbed onto her arm, stopping her attempt at walking away. "I'm not trying to make excuses! Look, you mean a lot to me and... and I never wanted to hurt you—"

"Well you did!" She yelled, tugging at her arm in his tight grasp. "Everyone was right about you. You're just an asshole who doesn't care about anyone but himself. You—"

Before Tasha could finish her sentence, Gavin had pulled her body close enough so he could press his lips to hers. The only emotions Tasha felt in that moment were pain and rage. She slapped him hard as she pulled away, glaring once again.

"You fucked up, Gavin. You have to deal with the consequences." Tasha snapped before walking away.

After that Gavin and Tasha didn't speak much to each other, but gradually Gavin tried to talk to her like they did before the wedding, and sure enough, after a while Tasha would reply with smart ass comments or sarcasm. But he knew that he was far away from mending what he had broken. He realized that she was right, had he thought about her feelings in that situation, maybe he wouldn't have been an idiot...

And he was ready to spend whatever time it would take to earn her trust.

*wattpad deleted this entire chapter and I'm honestly crying because I worked hard on it and I can't find it anywhere. So I had to rewrite it >_>