Soren's fear of thunderstorms

Ivor POV
It was a dark and stormy night.
I know that line is cliche, but it was.
Anyway, the other members were out on a mission, so it was just me and Soren. We were both cuddling on the couch, watching the rain fall. Soren was trembling slightly. He always got scared during thunderstorms. I could tell that he was holding back from showing most of his fear, so he wouldn't make himself appear like a coward in my eyes. He had been trying to make himself braver ever since The Incident. I had one arm wrapped around him, another arm holding a book. Suddenly, a really loud clap of thunder came. Soren yelpee, and buried his face in my chest. I lightly chuckled as I set my book down next to me, and wrapped the other arm around him, and began to pet him. After a little bit, he lifted his head, and gasped. "I-Ivor, I'm sorry, I didn't mean-" I cut him off by putting my hand in front of his face. "No, no. Don't be. You can't help the fact that thunderstorms scare you." Soren sighed, and rested his head against my chest. After a couple seconds of his ear listening to my heartbeat, he began to look confused. "Ivor?" he asked. I nodded quietly, part of me knowing the question he was going to ask. "Why is your heart beating so fast? Are you scared?" I said nothing. "Ivor, you can talk to me. Even if you don't want to tell me, I'm here for you." Soren wrapped his arms around me, and rested his head on my chest again. I sighed, and put my hand on his back. "Yes." I said quietly. Soren's eyes darted up to meet mine. I didn't look at him. "You might not know this about me, but I get scared kind of easily." Soren moved his head so his chin was pointing into my chest, and he was staring right at me. "You do?" he asked. I nodded, still being unable to look at him. "I just never told you because I was scared that you would call me a coward. So, I learned to put on a mask of stone solid emotion whenever I experienced fear." Soren shook his head. "I would never do that to you. I love you too much to exile you over something stupid." I smiled, and blushed. Soren sat up so we were eye to eye. I pulled him so close to me, our chests were touching. I kept my arms firmly wrapped around him, and my head balanced on his shoulder.