2. Greedy For Love

Unedited!!

Note: The third prince is Ryder Miller.

In a large courtyard, the ground is covered with slabs of earthy colour limestone, the pillars stand proud in chestnut colour and the drops of the rain trickle down the surface onto the ground.

The room is decorated with pink silk curtains. The exquisite incense burner placed at one side of the room fills the room with the refreshing smell of roses.

By the side of the bed, a maid clad in pale blue clothes sets the clothes of the person on the bed and then slowly and cautiously started fanning. Her face is a bit worrisome and anxious. "Even the physicians are helpless about the fever. They all are quacks! Otherwise, why no one is able to treat the Young Lady?" She looks down at the lady lying on the bed with her eyes closed. She does not know what happened to her miss all of sudden. She was fine a few days back but for the last three days, she is having a high fever and has not opened her eyes for once. Everyone in the house is scared out of their wits. The Master, Madam and Young Master, everyone is like a cat on hot bricks.

"What do I do to make you open your eyes?" Her shoulders drop in sadness. Suddenly, a thought flashes in her mind and she hurries to get a jewelry box. The box is made of teak wood with a hand-carved flower design on the top lid and is about the size of the length of her palm. She removes the lid and picks up a yellow-red thread. It is a holy thread that a priest had her yesterday, telling her to let her miss wear this. "Maybe this." She is not sure, but she feels the priest of the temple is not a simple man.

The maid puts the box back in its place and then wraps the protection thread across Siya's wrist. "Miss, please wake up. Everyone is restless seeing you like this. Madam's health is not good from the morning and Young Master had not left your room for a minute. The whole house looks lonely and silent."

As the words are spoken, the person on the bed lets out a weak groan.

"Miss is awake!" The maid cries out in surprise and quickly gets near the bed to help the young female. However, before she reaches, the young female slowly sat up, massaging her forehead. "Young Lady! How is the Young Lady feeling now? Do you need anything?"

"Ginni . . ." Siya mumbles, confused. She feels woozy when she starts hearing the voice that has become history. Is she going to meet her loved ones in heaven? But what she has done in the past, it is very unlikely that she can enter the threshold of heaven. She can feel the doors of Hell Lord's palace are wide open for her. She has done everything wrong. She is a sinner. She does not deserve anyone's affection. She only deserves isolation and a cold heart, so that she cannot feel anything. No pain. No love. No happiness. No life. But she cannot hide the greediness to get one more chance.

"This servant is here." The maid smiles and supports Siya to rest her back against the headboard of the bed. "The Young Lady is finally awake after sleeping for so long. Everyone in the house is so scared. Does Young Lady want some water? This servant will let others inform Master and Madam, and also invite a physician again."