5. Raising Chips

Unedited

"Take the carriage to the west of the city."

Ginni who sits beside Siya is puzzled. "Young Lady, why do you want to go there? You know that all the noble ladies avoid going there. That place not for us."

Siya does not reply. She looks out of the window of the carriage and the prosperous side of the city slowly comes to an end. The west side is avoided by the people of wealthy people because the slaves and lower caste workers reside here. Contrary to the flourishing side of the other places, this part of the city is very . . . ugly with no one to take care of them.

However, the person she wants to meet lives here. If she can pull him to her side, it will start her second plan.

The carriage stops outside the slum and despite her resistance, Ginni helps Siya to descend the carriage. They turn their eyes towards the large and densely populated area. The whole place is occupied with closely packed and dilapidated houses, many of the houses are either destroyed or on the verge of breaking down. There is no proper plan for the disposable of sewage and garbage, causing the air foul in odor, as well as no source of the freshwater.

"Young Lady, you will get sick. Let us go back," Ginni covers her nose and pleads Siya. She does not understand the mind of her Young Lady. From all the beautiful places, she decides to visit this place. Looking around, she fears that even if they take a step ahead, the roof of the houses will fall over their head.

"Xian." Siya looks at the man standing behind her.

"Young Miss, the slave is here," Xian instantly responds, walks forward in her line of sight and cups his hands while bowing a little.

"Whom your loyalty belongs to?"

Xian instantly looks at Siya. His brows frown before returning to normal and he gets down on his right knee. "This slave takes Young Lady as his master. Whatever you say, the slave will not hesitate to fulfill it."

"Takes me as a master?" Siya smiles a little smile but her eyes remain cold and domineering. Perhaps while living in the palace for so many years in the past life, the attitude of royalty has crept into her bones. "If one day I tell you to kill my Elder brother will you do?"

Ginni's and Xian's eyes snap at Siya in shock. They share a look with each other but both are equally confused. How can their Young Lady say something like that? If anyone here this, Siya will be cursed for not being filial to her family and instantly it will ruin her reputation? She should know how hard is to survive for a girl without a good reputation in society.

Xian pauses for a moment before looking down at the ground and grits his teeth, "Young Miss is the master of this slave. Whatever Young Miss will order, this slave will not blink an eye to complete it."