Chapter 1 intro

Alex's preferred Saturday morning is spent sitting on a porch with a book in his hand. If only I can stay like this all day. he thinks but unfortunately, luxuries such as "me time" never seem to apply to me. The smell of wood and rain assault my nose. I can smell him before I can see him. Reese the alphas son, is close. And in pursuit of me.

Many kids in my pack would kill to have Reese visit them. Especially the girls in our pack. And why wouldn't they, Reese is attractive. He's 6'4 with jet black hair, a sharp jawline, and A smile that can win anyone over. but not me, I see through his smile and his good looks. He is the typical popular guy that has a group of lackeys around him at all times. And as much as I try to avoid him and get away from him and his group of friends he always seems to rope me into his little circle of "yes men."

You could say we where close when we where younger but somewhere along the way as we grow older he changed. The boy who ones never liked anyone because they only wanted him for his celebrity in the pack, was now basking in the glory of being the next alpha. I sometimes catch myself wishing that he would have left my behind on his road to popularity, but no. Instead he insists on taking me along for the ride with him and he never takes no for an answer.

Reese comes into View, his group of followers do not stray fare behind him.I wonder how many excuses am I going to have to make to not get roped in today. I roll my eyes knowing that would lead to another scolding from my father. Like all the other times I tried to decline an afternoon hanging around "the Alphas son." My parents are just as taken by him like everyone else in this pack. Just because of the title he holds, soon to be Alpha. Them unlike me see Reese's friendship with me as a way to get another leg up in the pack. My parents are power hungry and there not afraid to use there own child to achieve there goal.

Reese stands in front of me looking at me with a smile on his face. "Runt comes on we are going to the clearing to train with the others for the day."The group of guys behind him chuckles at the nickname he gave me senes we were kids.

"No, that's I think I'm just going to stay here for the day you guys should go on ahead," I say back hoping that he will get the hint that I don't want to be bothered. His smile wavers for a second but stays prominent on his face.
"Alex your not staying here all day now come on, talking like this is only going to make us late."

"Aren't you already late didn't the training session for today start 20 minutes ago," I say back to him with slight amusement in my voice.

"Well then you better put down that book and start walking"

" Reese I said I don't want to go," I say back with annoyance.
"it wasn't a request I'm your alpha and I order you to come with us runt."

Reese graves the book out of my hand and throws it on the table next to me. He opened his mouth, but just as he was about to speak my front door opened.

my father steps out from the door looking at me then to Reese. "Reese how are you I hope my son isn't giving you much trouble now is he." my father says looking at me with distrust.

Reese takes one quick glance at me before smiling at my father again " no Sir, me and my friends were just going to the clearing for Saturday training and We just stopped by to invite Alex along with us." My Dad smiled at Reese even wider. "of course he can go, I'm glad that someone of your Status wouldn't mind befriending my son, even after that little fight when you where kids I'm glad you two have become such good friends."

I lowered my head at my father's words. "Status" that's all my parents care about, ever senes I was a kid I was smaller than everyone else. I didn't hit a growth spurt till I was 15 Years old and even then it was only a couple of inches, my parents started looking down on me because of it. I'm 5'6 now, whereas the average height for a werewolf is 6'1 and over. Even for the female wolfs. I know they are ashamed of me because of my hight and lack of much muscle. When I turn eighteen I plan on getting as far away from here as possible. Just a couple more months to go.

I wanted so badly to protest, but I know that will only result in a scolding from my father later. I stand and not even a second after I'm up Reese throws an arm around my shoulders pulling me with him down the steps of the porch.
"water under the bridge sir. a little disagreement cant hurt our friendship. Goodbye, sir." Reese said in his cheery voice, giving my dad one of his winning smiles.

I tell my dad bye with a dull tone while wiggling Reese's arm off me. I walk down the dirt street until my house is out of view. As soon as my house was out of sight I felt a hand grasp my left wrist hard enough to bring me to a holt. I look back at Reese who was glaring at me "don't ever raise your voice to me like that again Runt" he looks angry and I hear snickers coming from some of his friends he pulls his arm back over my shoulder. he lightly squeezes my shoulder with his hand and rubs his thump lightly on to my back with a Circular motion. It wasn't helping my growing anger. I scowled and stayed silent while the rest of my company carried on with their conversation as usual.