Chapter 6 friday Night football

Song: East of Eden by: Zella Day
Alex's POV
I spent Sunday with Isaac and his parents in the infirmary. We talked the whole time until he was discharged later that day. Isaac's mothers where concerned for there son but also proud of how he he handled himself agents the young alpha. He might have embellished the story a bit for there benefit, And me being the great friend I am just stayed seated and smiled quietly at his story. I love my foolish friend.

It is now Friday the day before Reese's birthday and the crowning of the new Alpha. Thankfully Reese has been so Busy this entire week I've barely even seen him. I've forgiven him for last Saturday, if only because Isaac was ok and joking like his usual self.but lately, I've been more reluctant to see him. I think it's the guilt eating away at me at what I planned to do After his ceremony tomorrow.

The only time I've seen him this whole week is when he drives me to school, which he instead on doing every day ever since he got his car. And during lunch when we sit together at the same lunch table full of the schools elite. I'm not allowed to sit anywhere else.

Today however he had something to do in the morning for his upcoming birthday/ceremony, so he gave me the ok to ride to school with Jack today. Right now I and jack were sitting in the car driving to go pick up his girlfriend Sky.

I like sky she is the only person who can truly get jack to let his Guard down. Jack turns into A big softy when she's around. I and Isaac even have a nickname for him when he's around her. Teddy Bear Jack. His Star eyes are as noticeable as the Little Dipper. He smiles wide, laughs almost like a crazy person, he even blushes.

I can't resist teasing him on our way there.
"do I get to see big Teddy Bear Jack on the way to school today," I say with amusement. As I get into the car. He tightened his grip on the steering wheel as his face started to gain more color.
"Shut up" is all he said to his defense as he hangs his head lower. But still keeping his same expression.

Head hanging lower; embarrassment.

He hates that he is so Vulnerable around her, but he can't help it he's in love. Even though I and Isaac tease him non stop about it, we are happy for him. And Sometimes even envy him. There's a kind of satisfaction seeing your best friend happy, and with someone that's so down to earth. I can't help but wish that they end up being mates.

We pull into sky's driveway just as she was closing her front door. She sees me in the back seat and smiled. "Hey Alex," she said jumping in the front seat as Jack was pulling off the curd.

" Doesn't Reese usually take you to school? Did you two have a fight or something? Let me know so I can have jack kick his ass if he hurts you." Sky said.

See, down to earth.

"No, he didn't do anything he just had something to do in the morning so he said I could ride with you and jack."

I say trying to dismiss her questions and the flames in my cheeks. The way she makes it sound like I and Reese are dating, Which Were not. Reese doesn't even swing that way. The countless times he's made out with girls at party's and then taken them to hotel rooms was more than proof of that. Not to mention all these years of him being so controlling of my life, it's hard to even see him in that way.

She stared at me a moment longer as if to make sure I'm not lying.

"Ok just checking," she said giving jack a kiss on his cheek and telling him about how excited she is for his game today. Jack play's football with Reese. Like how Reese's arm makes him an amazing quarterback, Jacks size and speed make him a perfect tight end. In fact, most of the players were from the pack. I guess that makes our team a bunch of cheaters, but that's nun of my Business.