Chapter 15 Out run the alpha part 1 (Alex)

Alex's POV:

I woke up to beeps and the smell of rotting fruit and mud. I lay still while I open my ears and determine if I am alone or not. I don't know where I am, so it's better to be safe then sorry. I hear footsteps in a room about twenty paces away from mine. I count each shuffle of feet one,two,

Only Two sets of legs maybe two gourds by the way they keep shuffling about. In my own room I can hear light breaths and the sounds of creaking wood to which I can only assume is a chair. Someone is sitting next to the bed I'm laying on. I try to discreetly sniff the air to catch a sent of the person sitting next to me. I sniff and get hit withThe sent of coconut and summer rain. The familiar sent catches my senses and I'm left confused for a moment? Sky what is sky doing here? "

hi, sweetie how are you feeling ?" Sky's sweet voice held concern and an under tone of sorrow that couldn't be denied. I opened my eyes giving up on my plan to fake sleep and looked at her velvety brown irises."What day is it" I say trying to adjust my eyes to the bright lights above me. "It's Sunday A'l you where asleep for a while but your on the road to a full recovery." Sky says I. That motherly way of her's.
I put my hands over my eye's feeling my head spin. I remember everything, I wonder what will happen to me now that I was Caught trying to Desert the pack.

I take a second to look around the room. I see white walls and a small sink in the corner of the medical room. The familiar room of the medical cabin in the pack eases my mind a bit. At least I know where I am and I'm not a prisoner, I scratch that last thought when I remember the guards outside my window.
I turn my head and notice sky removing sticky green leaves from my body. "what are those?" I ask sky, curious as to what purpose they had been on my body in the first place. "this leaf is what healed you so quickly Alex, with out them you might have not made it." sky said throwing away the used and crusted leaves. "sky what are you doing here, how do you even know how to heal like this." I asked confused, I've never suspected anything out of the ordinary when I'm around her.

"long story short, I'm a witch Alex, and I was sent by my coven to heal the Alpha's mate. to answer any follow up question's, yes I knew ya'll where wolves and no Jack did not know about me. and he is not talking to me right now because of it." she rambles as she removes the last leaf and cleans my body of any lingering mud. I stay silent for a moment out of shock, I try to compose myself inside and think up my next question carefully. "Sky...when you said you where sent here you said it was for the Alpha's mate, but that's not me, Im not mated to anyone."Sky turns her back to me, doing something I cant see" how much do you remember from that night Alex?" sky asked still turned away from me. "I remember the wolves and being attacked. I also remember the smell of Blood,Grass,and oak from the forest,I I don't remember who saved me." I tell her feeling my pulls racing. "don't exactly know all the details but jack and Alpha Reese found you, Reese carried you all the way back." she paused as if to get her thoughts together. "sweetie, he is your mate, she paused as if to let her words sink in then continued "he was able to find you and save you when none other could. I know this is hard for you to except but you being hurt has took a tool on him and he plans to be better towards you". She tells me, I know her words where ment to put me at ease.
"Sky, can I have a moment alone to process ?" I ask with all the sorrow I can muster up.

"yes Alex of course, I will go and find Jack to let him know you are awake. will you be alright untile I get back?" she questions. "yes sky I will be thank you."
she leaves the room quietly. I can hear her talking to the guards outside the door. Telling them I was awake and She was going to find pack Beta jack the guards give similar responses of acknowledgment and I listen to sky's foot steps. I wait until she get's farther away until she was at a safe distance. I shoot up out of the bed in a panic state. my legs warbled a bit ones I hit the hardwood floor but in the end I stay up right. I search around the room until I spot my bag from Friday night tucked in a back corner of the room. I grab at the bag and pull out some cloths. as I dress I put together a plan of where to go. and what would be the fastest way of escape. I sling the bag over my shoulder as I walk to the only window in the room and open it. Normally this window would be to small for any regular wolve in the pack to fit through. But being the runt has its perks.

I jump through the window and have to wiggle around a little to get my hips through, I fall with a thud out the window and grunt in pain. I hear the door in the medical room swing open with a thud and I quickly scramble to my feet as I make my great escape.

I try to stay hidden from pack members passing about as I run. I don't know if my being injured is public knowledge in the pack so the less people to snitch me out the better. luckily for me its early morning so not many people are out. still I keep an eye out for anyone the might get a good look at me as I sneek behind houses. im close to the edge of the north forest. when I hear it, I distinct and horrifying Roar! coming from the direction of the alpha manor. not seeing any other option I start fleeing into the woods.I break through the tree line when I see it, a distinct black muzzle by the side of the houses. his gaze catches mine and I quickly start to strip what little clothing I have, Reese in wolf form anticipates my intentions and growls as he lunges forward. my legs turn to paws and my brain liquefies into a sponge of adrenalin and fear as only one command stays on my mind. "Run" so I start to pump my legs and pick up speed hoping that by some miracle I can be faster then an alpha. the chase has begun.