Chapter 9 Reese's birthday{Alex}

Song: rescue my heart: Liz Longley

That's right kids midnight update ✊🏻

Alex's POV

I woke up in a bed that isn't mine. Looking around I could tell that I was in Reese room. His sent was everywhere but he was nowhere to be found. The dream I had of someone kissing my forehead, could it have been him? I Push off the covers and plant my feet firmly on the ground. It was just a dream I tell myself.

looking around the pile of shirts all around the room, for my shoes, I almost smack myself in the head when I find them sitting on the nightstand in playing sight with a note attached to them.

Stay for breakfast, Runt~R

Upon reading Reese's note I checked the time on the clock by his bedside, the time was 9:36 AM.
I can't stay for breakfast I have to go home and pack my things I tell myself. I won't have time to do it latter otherwise.

Today is the day that I've decided to run away from the pack. Reese's birthday was the perfect distraction. Everyone will be at the town square and Reese will be to Caught up in his own celebration to notice my absence. I feel cruel for executing my plan on his birthday but I know in my heart it's the only way. When Reese became's alpha he'll never let me leave the pack. this is my only chance to be free and to go out and find my mate who I'm hoping is far away from here.

I quickly put on my shoes and crumpled the note. I was gonna throw it in the trash can but at second thought I decided to stuff it into my back pocket, which still held my phone and keys inside.

I closed Reese's door as quietly as I could before walking down the back hallway. The back stairs are almost never used, that I remembered from the time I've spent here so it was my easiest escape route. It is also quite risky considering that I would have to pass by alpha Zack's office to get to the back exit. I'm not really to worried about being caught by him I tell my self, However, I'm more worried about being caught sneaking away by Luna Melissa then anyone else. If she catches me she will want an explanation, and me getting too drunk at a party to go home last night doesn't really sound like something she would want to hear. I cringed at the mental image of her scolding me.

I make my way down the stairs and On the last step, I look around to make sure the cost is clear before I tip-toe past alpha Zack's office. The door to his office has opened a crack and without meaning to I overheard a conversation he was having with Luna Melissa.

" today is the day!!!"
"I'm just so happy I can't stand it." Luna Melissa exclaimed.

" I know dear I'm happy for them as well." Alpha Zack says with amusement in his voice.

"I know, I know, I need to calm down it's just I know in my heart he is going to make a great Luna, I've watched over him senes you've brought him to the Councils attention and he has all the qualities. There's no one more fit to take my place."

Alpha Zack laughs " yes sweetie I know he's going to be an amazing Luna, and his ability is unique and all. I'm more worried however about if he will accept the mating bond. He is a stubborn one, and our son hasn't been the best to him over the years, as far as I know, their relationship is on the rocky side."

"Yes I know I've told that boy several time's to....ughh, I swear if I didn't want grandkids I would castrate him for his behavior."