Chapter 2 playground

Alex's POV

We made it to the clearing in 20 minutes. Everyone that was already sparring stopped to stare at Reese and his friends. They all looked at Reese like a god that has graced them with his presence.Reese squeeze's his hand on my shoulder one last time before removing it. "cheer up Runt this is going to be fun."

"Yeah for you maybe it's not like you'll allow me to participate anyway," I say back not even trying to hide my distaste.

" come on Runt don't be like that, your not strong, you'll just get hurt if you participate. And this way you can cheer all the rest of us on. We appreciate your support." Reese said and the guys gave there own grunts of approval.

I roll my eyes. he really just insulted me and made it sound like it was a genuine concern.
"Here sit down on that rock and watch me kick some Ass."

"Whatever," I say back to him while I go and sit on the large rock at the edge of the clearing.

I watched as Reese and some of the other guys here starting taking of their T-shirt's and grouping together to start sparring. Reese makes his way over holding out his shirt to me. "hold this for me Runt " he commands. His tanned skin and well-defined body Practically reflect the suns rays and his black hair that fell into his face when he leaned down to me was glowing in the sunlight. It goes without saying, Reese is very attractive.

But I would never admit that out loud. I give him a bored expression as I take the shirt out of his hand and folding then set it next to me on the rock. Reese still stood in front of me watching me, I noticed that his light brown eyes held some emotion in them, that I couldn't read. "Do you need anything else?"
I say to him. Upon hearing my words He seemed to come out of whatever trance he was in. " Um... no that's all I guess." He turns and walks away from me heading Back to the other guys to start sparring.

One hour had past and I've watched Reese take down 4 guys back to back and now he's working on his 5th win of the day. the guy he was fighting now doesn't seem like he will last much longer.

I was still in the same spot on the rock with one of Reese's friends Jeff. Reese ordered him to stay by my side after he caught me trying to sneak away.

I don't know why he makes such a big deal about my absence. He has all these other pack members around him dying to give him attention. So why does he care if I don't give him mine? I lay back on the rock and look up at the sky. I wonder what life would be like if I and he never met the way we did all these years ago.

Flashback
**************

It was when I was 7 Years old. As kids, my two best friends and I were playing on the playground that was recently built for Reese's 8th birthday. It was shiny and new and all I wanted to do was play on it. I hadn't met him yet back then, but I was excited that we had a playground so I didn't really care that I was playing on his playground without an invitation. Me and my friend Isaac where all for the idea of going to the playground. My other friend Jack, however, was more reluctant to break the rules. Jack is the beta's son and he was afraid of what his dad would do if he openly disrespected the alpha.
But after what felt like hours of coaxing him, he finally calmed down enough to play freely with us without any worry.
I remember We were running around and trying not to touch each other, laughing the whole time. when I heard Reese's alpha voice for the first time. it was very intimidating, I had never heard anything like it before. "What do you think you're doing playing on my playground."
I look to my friends to see that they had stopped running and stayed as still as status upon hearing the Authority in his voice. that's when I saw him for the first time. he was wearing a paper crown on his had and looking angry. I took in his appearance he was slim with dark hair and light brown eyes that reminded me of Caramel. he was tan and 3 inches taller than me. He glared at us before he spoke again "kneel before your next alpha" he boomed in a powerful voice. My legs began to wobble and I shift my gaze from him to my friends who were getting on their knees. "No," I said strong and challenging to my Surprise. I was using all the strength I had to stay standing up. Even as a kid I was unnecessarily stubborn. "No" he repeated walking up to me still looking angry "you can either kneel or I can knock you down." He razed his fist ready to punch me. But I wasn't planning on letting him hit me.

before he could connect his fist to my face, I jump at him tackling him to the ground. We were rolling on the floor fighting one another for dominance over the other. Five minutes passed of pulling and jerking and he was on top of me, I was fighting for my life to get out from under him but it was no use. He twisted on top of me ready to punch me. But the fist never comes he just sits there on top of staring down at me as I try to get from under him. "ENOUGH".

End of flashback
*******************
I wonder what life would be like if we hadn't been forced to play together almost every day after that incident happened. Would I still be immune to his charm, or starstruck like everybody else?

I was brought back to reality when I hear someone call my name from beside me.
Isaac was sitting on the ground next to me shirtless sporting a fresh black eye. I look to the left to see that Jeff was now talking to one of the girls standing off to the side. And thankfully Reese was distracted by another opponent.

I look back at Isaac and give him a soft smile "you should be more careful and you might want to put some ice on that." I say pointing to his eye. He glared at me playfully "well you should see the other guy" he pointing to Reese's friend Tim laying on the ground unconscious. "Yeah, I guess you could look worse."

he smiles at me "you know you should get over there I've already taught you everything you need to know to kick some ass."

I look at him and shake my head. I train with Isaac almost every other day. He teaches me everything I need to know about defending myself. Reese would seriously kill Isaac if he ever found this out. He already blames Isaac for why we were playing on his playground when we where kids. no matter how many times I try to tell him it was my fault he still blames Isaac.

"be quite do you know how pissed Reese would be if he found out you're teaching me how to fight."

"It doesn't matter he doesn't like me anyways"

"Well I like you and I would like to see you alive."
" come on, he wouldn't kill me... I think ?"
We both let out a chuckle."Yeah right" I say. I felt myself falling off the rock so I reach out and grave Isaacs shoulder to steady my self. "You good?" He asks between laughs. " yeah I'm go...shit." Reese starts towards us. glaring daggers at Isaac.

I quickly rip my hand from Isaacs' shoulder. Isaac visibly stiffened and steps back from me ones he saw Reese coming our way. I tried to stand up to get in front of Isaac. but Reese pushed me Back down on the rock living his fingertips laying on my chest, laying his claim of me. I glared at him wondering what was he about to do. He spoke sternly.
"what the hell do you think your doing talking when you should be sparring."

Isaac lowered his head down to the ground as an act of submission. "sorry Reese"  is all he said keeping his head to the ground.
"We were just talking Reese it was no big deal," I say trying to come to Isaac's defense. Reese turned his attention on me now. "Runt instead of chatting his time would be better spent learning to protect our pack. Wouldn't it."

"Yes," I say back.

"Then it is a big deal isn't it?"

"Yes," I say a little more hesitant. He's up to something.

Reese looks back at Isaac and smirks "Then it's settled we will get back to sparring, and it just so happens that I need a new partner."