one - carryin the banner

"Boots!" Mr Kloppman screamed at the poor boy, causing him to jump awake.

"Skittery, Skittery, Skittery." He said trying to wake up the boy.

"What I didn't do it!" Skittery yelled as he sat up frantically.

"What do you mean you didn't do it?!" Mr. Kloppman yelled and lightly hit his face.
"When you get up, you have to get up." He yelled to everybody.

"Snitch! Get up, get up, get up!" Kloppman yelled at the boy sucking his thumb.

"Come on, everybody's sleeping here!" He yelled.

"Come on Lucy!" He said shaking her awake.

"Kloppman, it's too early for this sh-" she started, but the man gave her a stern glare, causing her to snap her mouth closed.

"They sleep their lives away, these kids! The ink is wet. The presses are rollin. Sell the pape! Sell the pape!"

As Kloppman went over to Jack and had a brief conversation with him, Lucy rolled her head, staring up at the bunk above her.

A devious smirk made its way onto her face as she kicked her legs up, pushing on the mattress.

"Ey, what's de big idea?!" Her brother, Racetrack pokes his head over the bed. His eyes squinted, as he had only just woken up.

"Alright carry your banner! Sell the papes!" Kloppman yelled exiting the room.

Racetrack then jumped down from the bed as Lucy got up. He gave her a light push, causing her to retaliate and push him harder.

Racetrack rolled his eyes at his childish sister and then started looking through his drawers frantically.

"Hey! That's my cigar!" Race yelled at Sniper who sat smugly on the bed.

"Eh, you'll steal another!"

Race swiped the cigar out of Sniper's mouth, hitting him as Kidblink rushed over, breaking up the fighting boys.

"Hey bummers! We got work to do!!"

"Since when did you become me mother?" Specs got right into Blink's face. His morning breath causing Blink to snarl, pushing his face away.

"Aw, stop your bawling!" Crutchie interjected.

All the boys got mad at the boy as Lucy simply laughed at the bickering. "Who asked you?!"

"So how'd you sleep, Jack?" Mush asked the cowboy - manhattans leading newsboy.

"On my back, Mush." Cowboy deadpanned. Trying to walk away from the conversation.

Mush found this funny, he started laughing hysterically, earning glares from the whole lodging house.

"Hear that, fellas? Hear what Jack said? I asked Jack how he sleep and he said 'on me back, Mush'." He laughed out, playfully punching his friend.

Lucy walked by, her hair all tangled and knotted, she yawned and slammed her foot down on Mush's.

"Ouch!" He yelled holding his foot in his hands.

"Can it." She grumbled.

"Geez, somebody woke up on the wrong side of the bunk." Mush snickered.

"You say something, Meyers?!" Lucy turned around, ready to start a fight. That was before crutchie stepped between the two.

He then approached Jack, starting a conversation, instead of listening, Lucy walked towards the bustling bathrooms.

"I gotta find a new selling spot where they haven't seen any." He said as he walked in with Jack.