four - and the world will know

"You saw what happened to those Trolley Workers." Davey said following after everybody.

"Yeah, well, that's anudder good idea. Any Newsies don't join with us, then we bust their heads like the trolley workers." Everybody cheered and they continued walking.

"Stop and think about this, Jack." Davey said, but he only got ignored.
"You can't just rush everybody into this."

"Alright. Lemme think about it." Jack finally answered. "Listen, Dave's right. I mean, Pulitzer and Hearst and all them other rich fellas... I mean, they own this city. So do we really think a bunch of street rats like us can make any difference? I mean, the choice has gotta be yours. Are we just gonna take what they give us or are we gonna strike?"

Everybody remained silent. Until Les stepped forward and raised his sword.

"Strike!" He yelled.

Davey quickly covered Les' mouth and pulled him back as everyone agreed.

"Keep talkin, Jack. Tell us what to do!" Lucy said. Nodding excitedly.

Jack walked over to Dave, asking him what to say.

"All right. Listen. Pulitzer and Hearst have to respect the rights of the workin kids of New York!" Everyone cheered, smiling confidently.

David ended up saying something else to Jack.

"Pulitzer and Heart, they think we're nothin. Are we nothin?"

"No!"

"Pulitzer and Hearst. They think they got us. Do they got us?"

"No!"

"We're a union now, the newsboys union. We have to start acting like a union." Davey commented.

"Even though we ain't got hats or badges we're a union just by saying so. And the world will know!"

"What's to stop someone else from selling our papes?" Lucy asked.

"Well, we'll talk wit' 'em."

"Some of them don't hear so good." Race backed her up.

"Well, then we'll soak 'em!" Jack screamed as all the Newsies agreed.

"No! We can't beat up kids in the street. It'll give us a bad name." Davey disagreed.

"Too late for that!" Crutchie laughed.

"What's it gonna take to stop the wagons? Are we ready?"

"Yeah!"
"No.."

"What's it gonna take to stop the scabbers? Can we do it?"

"Yeah!"

"We'll do what we gotta do until we break the will of mighty bill and joe."

"And the world will know!"
"And the journal too! Mr. Hearst and Pulitzer have we got news for you."

"Now the world will hear what we've got to say we been hawking headlines but we're makin em today."

"And or rank will grow. And well kick their rear!"

"And the world will know that we've been here!"

"When the circulation bell starts ringin'
Will we hear it?"