five - business only

A/N: things should start getting more interesting now lol

After a few minutes of waiting outside and watching David awkwardly talk to a reporter, Lucy heard the big wooden doors shove open and Les and Jack getting thrown out.

"Hey!" She yelled and ran up to the door to help them up.

"So's your old lady!" Jack yelled.
"You tell Pulitzer he needs an appointment with me!"

"Yeah!" Les yells.

**

Lucy met up with the bunch to go down to Brooklyn after they went to lunch with Denton. She kindly passed on the offer to eat with them and just cleaned herself up a bit. Y'know, ya never really get used to being grungy.

"I've never been to Brooklyn. Have you?" David asked Jack and Lucy.

"Yeah..." She shrugged. A small frown decorating her face.

"Really?" David asked for reassurance. Lucy only meekly nodded, crossing her arms over her chest.

"I spent a month there one night." Boots exclaimed.

"Watch this." Jack said standing up on the railing and screaming. It echoed as everyone joined in.

"So is this Spot Conlon really dangerous?" David asked nervously.

Jack and Boots start laughing.

Lucy shifted uncomfortably. She had heard of rumors about the infamous Spot Conlon.

He always seemed like a decent guy, but she's heard of some stuff he's done to other boroughs.

Even if he never directly spoke to the girl, he still made her anxious.

Lucy shook and rubbed her arms nervously.

**

Once they finally got to the doc, Lucy noticed a whole lot of guys jumping into the water. She smiled as they laughed and splashed eachother.

"Hiya sweets." One boy called out to her. But before he could get anything else out of his mouth, Jack whipped his head around and glared.

"We are here for strictly for business only." He snapped at the boy.

"Going somewhere, Kelly?" A boy asked Jack, but we all chose to step passed him.

"Well, if it ain't Jack be nimble, Jack be quick." A voice sounded from above the group.

"See, you moved up in the world, Spot. Got a river view and everything."

Spot hopped down from the post he was seated on. Both him and Jack spit shook as Lucy nervously looked on.

"Hey Boots, hows it rollin?"

"Here, I gots a couple of real good shooters here." He said handing Spot some rocks.

Spot took the rocks and pulled a slingshot out of his back pocket.

"So, uh, Jackie boy, I've been hearing things from little birds."

"Yeah?"

Spot readied his weapon as Lucy and David nervously stepped back.
As he released it, the rock flung into a bottle, shattering it as all the liquid spilled.

"Things from Harlem, Queens. All over. They're chirping in my ear. Jackie boy's Newsies is playing like they going on strike."

"Yeah well we are." Jack said.