ten - rally (part two)

By the time Spot, David, and Jack had finished their whole 'inspirational' speech crap, Lucy was already half asleep.

"Why ya lookin' so dead?" Spot asked the girl. He had ended up sitting at her table halfway through the show.

"Just," she stopped to yawn. "Tired."

Lucy's head rested on one arm, the other was draped across the table.

He chuckled and looked back up at the stage, where Medda was starting her solo.

"She's so pretty." Lucy said breathlessly. She looked up at the woman. "How does she do it?"

Spot mumbled something under his breath.

"Huh?" She sat up.

"Nothin'" Spot smirked at the curious girl.

She sighed and decided to go walk around a bit. The sight of all these boys fawning over an older woman made her sick.

"I'll be back."

She made her way to an empty hallway and just leaned on the wall.

She then stuffed her hand in her pocket and felt around, pulling out a dime and a nickel. At least it was something.

"Damn.." Ever since the strike started, she hadn't been making anything.
But she knew for a fact that she had more than her brother, race blew it all on a couple of cigars a few days ago.

When Lucy was done feeling sorry for herself, she pushed her body off the wall and continued her way down the hall.

Next thing she knew, an arm wrapped around her waist and a hand covered her mouth.

"Mmph" Lucy struggled, trying to free herself from her captor.

She was pulled into a room.
Lucy kicked and thrashed at the person who grabbed her, but that only resulted in them holding her even tighter.

She elbowed them, finally causing them to let go.
Lucy whipped her head around, trying to get a good look at the person, before she planned to make a run for it.

"Oscar??"

"Eh, sweet cheeks. what was that for?" He asked, holding his side in pain.

"Why'd you grab me? Why are you even here?"

The boy smirked, brushing off her question and slowly stalking towards her. She turned to run out the door, but it was closed by Morris.

"Aw shit."

"Oh, such obscene words for a pristine girl."

"I'm not that pristine." (referenceeee)

"Oh, when snyde sees what we reeled in, he's gonna be jumpin for joy." Morris laughed.

Lucy's eyes widen and she makes a run for the door.
"Spot!!" she screamed through the locked door.

"Your little boyfriend isn't gonna help ya, he's gotta little problem of his own out there."

"Fuck you, Morris. And while i'm at it, fuck you too, Oscar."

She could spot the heads of some newsies running outside the door through the small window.

The girl poked her head into view, so one of the passerby's could see her.

"Guys!! Help."

One small boy, couldn't be older than 11 stopped and looked up at her through the glass.

"Hiya buddy, can you unlock the door?"
He slowly nodded and started opening it.

"Why are youse guys so quiet?" Lucy asked, turning around to see the brothers make their way towards her with batons.

"Perfect bait, with you, we'll grab the Dave kid, then Jack'll come runnin to us."

The door creaked open. Lucy bolted.

"Thanks kid, I owe ya one!"

She could hear the two boys gaining on her.

"Spot! Spot!!"

Lucy turned the corner, spotting Racetrack.

"Race!" she made her way towards her brother, distracting him. A scab punched him straight in the face, causing him to fall, grabbing a pole for support.

"No! Stop it!" When she finally made it to her brother, he was being dragged away.
"Bastards!"

"Come on lucy, we need to get out of here." Skittery and Blink ran up to her, guiding her towards the exit.
where they're met with men on the backs of tall, black horses.

One man swung at blink, successfully knocking the boy down. "Go!" He yelled.

Skittery grabbed Lucy's hand and dragged her back inside.

"There you are doll face." Morris greeted the two.

"Wait, aren't there two of you?" Lucy joked, asking skeptically. she turned around, right before getting hit in the face with a baton. The girl fell to the ground, losing consciousness almost immediately.

In a blurry daze, she could see Skittery getting pummeled by the two men as well.

"Fuck..."

****
i'm back
Edited
wc: 734