six - never fear

All the Newsies ran to the paper carts, forcing some guy to open the gate.

A group of boys were already standing in lines, buying papes.

Everybody circled the exit and as each new newsie passed, they threw their papers down, joining the party.

That is, until one big guy came down the stairs. The wooden beams squeaked under his weight as he held the papes high.

"Looks like we gotta big one, fellas." Lucy laughed.

"Drop the papes." Jack demanded.

"Is he a Newsie or what?" Race wondered aloud.

The boy tried to step around the group, only resulting in him being pushed by Race and Jack.

"Fellas fellas." Davey warned.

The giant continued to try to get around, but Blink stepped behind him with Skittery.

"Blink." Dave pleaded. "No, Jack. Just don't."

Apparently David's words had gone in one ear and out the other. Jack quickly slapped the boy's papers out of his hands. The boy then reached down, acting as if he was gonna pick em up, but swiftly pushed Jack backwards.

Everyone jumped on the boy in anger. They pushed around poor Davey and Lucy as they looked at eachother, having no clue what to do.

The Newsies climbed up the stairs toward Weasel and the brudders, tearing newspapers and throwing them at the men.

Some boys gotta hold of rotten tomatoes and started throwing them at the windows.

Jack hopped on a ledge and made it up to a window, squishing his face onto it. Mocking the brudders.

The Delancey's opened the door to try to stop the fight, only causing them to slam it shut, moments before the door was hit with tomatoes. Weasel cheering on his nephews to fight.

Lucy shrugged. "What the heck?" She said to herself as she tipped her hat at Davey and ran off, helping others push over a cart.

"Oh come on, Lucy. You're supposed to be the responsible one." He shouted out.

Once the cart was pushed over, Lucy helped Crutchie onto one of the wheels, they started tearing papers together. Laughing in bliss.

The brudders had finally decided to make a run for it. Their uncle locking the door behind them.

David sighed before running up to Jack and laughing. A whistle could be heard.

"Hey it's the bulls! Cheese it! Cheese it, it's the bulls!"

Lucy hopped off of the wheel, she looked at Crutchie before saying. "Come on, Crutch. We's gots ta go." She helped him off the wheel and started walking him to the gate. As the bulls got closer, Lucy let go of his hand and started running. "Crutchie. Come on!"

As she turned around, she could see Crutchy get hit in his bad leg before being dragged off by the Delanceys.

"No, wait!" Lucy screamed as she started retreating, an arm shot out in front of her, causing her to stop. She looked up to see the reporter that was speaking with David earlier that day.

Before she could stop herself, she grabbed the man and hugged him. "It's all my fault."

**

Once all the Newsies met back at the lodge, Lucy walked in. Moping.

"What's de matta, Luce. We beat their asses." Race chuckled. The girl was too tired to correct her brother.