13. Miss You

Symphony

There's a party inside our house which is definitely because of my dad's son who's the top in class. Yep, Ajax graduated with flying colors. Dumiretso na lamang ako sa kwarto para mapag-isa. But I was wrong, I was welcomed by a baboon's annoying face. Nakaupo siya sa kama ko na may hawak-hawak na kahon.

"What are you doing in my room?"

He stood up and handed me the box without saying anything.

"And what's this?"I asked which he only smiled at. Napairap ako sa nakakaasar na tinuran niya kaya binuksan ko nalang 'yong regalo niya. It was a VIP ticket to Secondhand Serenade's concert abroad and a plane ticket to the place. "They're no longer my favorite band."I told him and handed him back the box.

"Si, why do you hate me so much?"

"I don't know. I just really hate you."I said, staring straight to his eyes.

"Please. Kung ano man 'yong nagawa ko noon, I'm sorry. Let me make up for it." he beseeched. "Symphony, please."

"Maybe, I could give you that chance. Only if you aren't your mom's child."I firmly stated. "Can you leave me please?"

Instead of giving in to my request, he dropped the box he's holding and embraced me. My pushing did no avail; his arms are still around me.

"I'm not giving up 'til you stop hating me, kitty." he murmured and then stared at me while his hands are cupping my face. "I promise, I will bring back that sweet Symphony who loves everything she sees. Then we'll do together what's in her bucket list. We'll visit all the cat shops you want to go to—"

"She's gone, Jax! I don't love everything I see! I have a different bucket list now! I don't even love cats anymore! When will you ever accept that? She is gone and she isn't coming back."

"Really?" he asked smirking.

"Yes—"

Like what he usually does to shut me up, he kissed me.

"Stop doing that!"I wailed when I have successfully pushed him from me.

"Sisi, I can't feel your hatred everytime we kiss."

"That's a delusion."

"Then I'm delusional," he claimed proudly. "What are you then, Si? Pretender? Because the hell baby if you are, you're so good at it."

Sa sobrang inis ko sa kanya, tinulak ko siya ng paulit-ulit hanggang sa makalabas siya ng kwarto ko. Buwiset na Jax na 'yon!

On the following day, I woke up to some commotion inside my room. Ate Glenda and Winnie are helping each other to cover something big with a black cloth.

"Ate Glen?"

"Hala, ma'am Symphony! Gising na pala kayo. Good morning po!"bati nitong halatang nagulat na nagising ako ng maaga.

"What is that?"I asked while I crept out of bed.

"Pinadeliver po e. Hindi namin alam kung kanino galing."tugon ni Ate Winnie.

When I eventually got out of bed, I wasted no time to check what's behind the cloth. I unveiled it and then showed me the shining piano. I stood there like a statue for seconds. On the side, a little card called my attention.

I can only imagine now the smile on your face, princess. I hope you like it. Pursue your love for music because it's what makes you the happiest. Congratulations and advance happy birthday.

I love you, Sephy.

"Timothy Wayne... humanda ka sa'kin."bulong ko at saka nagmamadaling kinuha ang phone para tawagan siya.