21. Her Pain

Symphony

I didn't hear back from his mom. I slid my body against the door and continued sobbing. Lumakas 'yong pintig ng puso ko nang marinig ko ang sunod-sunod na katok sa pinto.

"Sisi, please. Let's talk please."

Lumakas 'yong hagulhol ko nang marinig 'yong boses niya. Why am I hearing pain in his voice? And why is the knowledge of him hurting breaking my heart?

"Kitty, please. Just give me a minute." I covered my mouth to avoid my sobs from getting heard. "I'm coming in, Si."

I only moved away from the door but I still cried on my knees. Jax immediately ran to me when he saw me on the floor.

"Si, I know that you love me."sambit niya. "I know you're assuming things about me and Bea. You once asked me about her—"

"Please stop."I beseeched while tears just went on flowing down.

"No."he disagreed and took my hand.

"No! I'm sorry that I ruined your day."I said as I stood up. "You were supposed to kiss me back, weren't you? I felt so stupid for running there without checking who you're with."I said sarcastically. "While I was on my way back here, I knew the answer to my own question. You didn't kiss me back because you love that girl and you don't want to hurt her."

"Oo. Totoo 'yan."

"See? That's all I wanted to hear three years ago; your confirmation or the other side of the story, if there's any."

"But listen to me, kitty."

"What's there to listen to, Baboo? I'm sorry."

"Symphony, mahal ko si Bea dahil bestfriend ko 'yon. And you, I love you because you're the love of my life."wika niyang nagpatawa sa'kin.

"Walang gano'n, Jax. Walang magmamahal sa'kin. Tama 'yong mommy mo. I'm not the right girl for you. Paano ka ba nakakasigurong walang lalaking nakagalaw sa'kin? Don't you know? I've been going out every night for a year. That's three hundred nights!"

"I know you Sisi. You may have changed physically but I know you're not that girl! And you know what, even if you're the girl they all say that you are, it won't change what I feel for you!"

"And you know what Jax, I don't care!"

"You're such a liar, Si!"galit na singhal niya.

"Umalis ka dito. Get out Jax!"

Instead of doing what I instructed, he drew closer and imprisoned me in his arms.

"I love you, Symphony. I love you."

"Go away."pagtataboy ko. "I don't love you."

"Hanggang kailan mo paninindigan 'yang kasinungalingan na 'yan? Symphony, kailangan ko pa bang mawala para marealize mo'ng niloloko mo ang sarili mo?"

"You're delusional. Just go away!"sigaw ko sabay tulak sa kanya.

I was like stabbed a million times when I watched him staring at me with hatred and pain. I don't even know why I'm pushing him away.

"I'll give you a minute to tell me to stay," he stated making me scared.

"Don't waste it."I bravely said. "I don't love you. You know that I hate you Jax and I will always hate you."

This is just right. Now I have proved to myself that I'm not the same weak girl as I was before. I've let him walked out of my door, of my life and there's nothing to regret. Nothing. I've proved myself. I don't need anybody in my life except my family.