Envoi

Ajax

Inside the study, I busied myself writing the last sequel of the book I've written eight years ago. It's my story and my wife's. I paused for a while before writing the last chapter. I can't help but free the smiles I've earned for recollecting those beautiful memories.

"Dad."Euphony called who was just reading something on the couch. She loves to stay in my study, it's her favorite part of the mansion Pops left to us. "I want to be a writer."

With that stated, I immediately looked up to her to meet her gaze. She smiled and sat down properly.

"I've read a piece you've written a long time ago. It's like a novel you haven't finished."she narrated making me more interested in the subject. I have no idea what she's talking about.

"What do you mean, peanut?"I asked to clarify my ten-year-old daughter's statement.

"Don't be mad at me."she introed. "I kept it since I was eight and I actually continued the story. I've finished three chapters," she announced with pride and delight.

"I really can't remember what that piece is, peanut. But I don't care. I'm just so proud of you. I wish I could read what you added to that novel I've started. Let me see if you've given it justice."pagbibiro ko.

"Jax!"

"Oh, dad. Mom's calling."

"Don't mind her. She'll get her in a minute. Tell me more about the novel." I was just curious.

"You entitled it, Chances."sagot niyang nagpatahimik sa'kin. "What's with the reaction dad?"

Sasagot na sana ako kaya lang ay pumasok si Symphony ng study na akay-akay ang limang-taong anak namin na si Jazz.

"Can you look after him for a while? Dad's out with Rhapsody and Harmony's having visitors."pagpapa-alam niya.

"Harm has visitors. I hope I heard it right. You didn't say, suitors, right?"

Hindi nakaligtas sa'kin ang parehong reaksiyon ni Euphony at ng mommy niya. They both rolled their eyes at me.

"Dad, eighteen na naman si ate."

"Your daughter's right, Jax."Symphony agreed.

"Pero 'wag kang mag-alala dad. Mukhang malabo naman siyang magustuhan ni kuya Zacc. Ang ingay kasi ni ate e alam na nga niyang ideal girl ng crush niya 'yong mahinhin at mature."pahayag ni Euphony. Nagkatinginan kami ng asawa ko sa sinabi ng anak namin.

"Euphie, did you just say that your sister likes her bestfriend's brother?"Symphony confronted to confirm our understanding of her statement.

"My gosh. Ate's going to kill me. Well, dad, mom. It's obvious. Hindi—uhm. Ano..."she stammered. But my wife looked at our daughter intimidatingly so Euphie straightened up. "She didn't really tell me about it. I made ate Chance confess. Look mom, dad. I have to uhm... go to the CR?"

"Euphie. You stay. I'm going to tell you a story so you can finish that novel."I said to stop her from leaving.

"Are you sure dad?"

"What are you both talking about?"tanong ni Si na nakapamewang.

Bago pa siya makapagtransform, kinuha ko na si Jazz sa kanya at kinarga. Nakabukas 'yong pinto ng study kaya nakikita ko ang tatlong batang paparating.

"Mom! Dad! Zacc and Chance are here."Harmony announced even when she hasn't reached the doorway yet.

"Jax, I haven't finished cooking the pasta. I told you earlier to look after Jazz."natatarantang saad ng super-thoughtful kong asawa.

"Magandang araw tito, tita."bati ni Zacc sa'min.

"Tita Sephy! Tito Ajax! Hi! I'm baaaaackkkk!"maingay na bati ng kambal niyang si Chance.

"Ugh. You're so loud."reklamo ni Zacc.

"You're a boring buzzkill."sabay na saway ng kapatid nito at ng anak namin.

"Enough with that ladies."my wife cut them off from bullying him. "Zacc, hijo, I know you hate the noisiness of these two here so you can wait for Rhap in his room. He's with his Granddad but they'll be home in a few minutes. Feel at home."Symphony thoughtfully told the kid.

"Thanks tita."

"Thanks tita."Chance and Harmony mimicked.

"Girls, I told you to stop."

"Sorry, mom. Zacc is just really so cute when pissed off."tumatawang wika ni Harmony.

"Cute? Ugh."komento naman ni Chance at saka tumawa.

"Kayong dalawa, itigil niyo na 'yang pambubully niyo kay Zacc. Lalo ka na Harmony."

"Mom, don't be too serious about it. Hindi mo lang alam. Mas bully 'yon sa'kin kapag wala kayo."sumbong niya na nagpakunot ng mga noo namin.

"Bully kasi na-friendzone ka 'te Harm?"singit ni Euphie sabay hagikhik.

"Shut up! Mom, why is that little kiddo here?"

"Let's talk later, Harmony."ako na ang nagsalita.

"Dad! She doesn't even know what she's saying."she defensively retorted.

"Later, jellybean."

"Uh—uh."Chance mouthed to annoy Harmony which worked actually. Naasar siyang lumabas ng study habang tawa naman ng tawa ang bestfriend niya.

"I'll prepare our merienda. Don't be too harsh on her, Jax."bilin ng maganda kong asawa.

"Kakausapin ko lang."

"Be considerate."aniya bago lumabas. "Remember your age when you fell in love with me," she added before closing the door.

"Oh. Mom's soooo coool."Euphony commented with a smirk. "So dad, where do we start?"

"Let me dance your brother to sleep first."saad ko patungkol sa karga-karga kong si Jazz.

Wala namang isang minuto ay naidlip na siya. Ang hilig matulog ng batang 'to e.

"Nobody have known this except your ate Harmony."kwento ko sabay ang pagbabalik-tanaw ng nakaraan.

"That is the story of Zacc and Chance's parents."