-what they don't know-

Blaine and Kurt's relationship was not exactly known to the New Directions.

It wasn't a secret, of course not.

It was more of a, 'Regionals is coming up, we should focus on that first.'
Then Sectionals came up, then before they knew it, Nationals was less than a month away.

Kurt and Blaine sat at the back of the choir room, unnoticed as they watched another one of Rachel's pre-nationals tantrums.

"Maybe we should tell them right now." Blaine said out of the blue, his head resting on Kurt's shoulder.

"And have Rachel unleash her evil on us for stealing her moment? Try again, Blainey." Kurt gave a small laugh.

"We can't hide this forever." Blaine looked up at Kurt, but not moving his head. He took Kurt's hand in his lap, fiddling with the silver band on his middle finger.

Kurt pouted. "We're not hiding anything! We're just waiting for the right time to tell everyone."

"Sounds a lot like hiding." Blaine mumbled.

Kurt rolled his eyes. He moved his hand to Blaine's thigh, squeezing it reassuringly.

"What is this?" Mercedes almost screamed, gesturing to the two boys position. The entire club turned around to face them, eyes going wide.
Blaine's head shot up, and Kurt quickly slid his hand on his own lap.

"Nothing!" They both shouted in unison.

Mercedes raised an eyebrow. "Really? Because Blaine's head was on your shoulder and your hand was on Blaine's thigh." She pointed at Kurt.

"I was just-Kurt was-We were-"

"My hand was sweaty and Blaine offered to dry it for me! And his neck was just sore!"

"He offered to dry off your sweaty hand on his pants?"

They nodded.

Mercedes narrowed her eyes.

Riiiiiiiing!

Blaine and Kurt both gave a relieved sigh and bolted out of the choir room.

-

The closer they got to Nationals, Blaine and Kurt found it harder to keep their relationship unnoticed. The New Directions were currently arguing over what the boy's song should be.

"Guys!" Blaine yelled, standing on a chair. He waited for everyone to face him. "These are all great ideas, but let's face it. You can't go wrong with MJ!"

He smiled as the New Directions nodded in approval. Except for Finn and Puck who still insisted of doing a Journey medley, which broke out in yet another argument.

Kurt rolled his eyes as Blaine silently pleaded him to help. He went to the drumset and began rapidly banging on every drum until all of his friends were silent.

"What the hell, Kurt?" Finn grimaced.

"Now you know what you imbeciles sound like!"

Finn and Puck exchanged apologetic glances.

"Yeah! It's all Frankenteen and The Jew's fault!" Santana called out.

Kurt sighed as yet another yelling match broke loose. He looked over at Mr. Shue who was busy banging his head on his desk.

"Everyone just calm down!" Kurt practically screeched.
"We need to be united! We can't win if we're arguing every five minutes! I think that Babe-BLAINE! Blaine, I said Blaine! I think that he's right, we should do Michael." Kurt mumbled the last part as he walked back to his chair, slumping.

"Hold up! We'll do Michael as soon as we find out whatever the hell is going on with you two."
The New Directions all agreed.

"Don't know what you're talking about." Blaine said, his face flushing.

"Try again, White Boy!"

"Fine! We're dating!" Kurt yelled, shaking his head at the immaturity of his friends.

"I knew it!"

"All y'all owe me ten bucks! I told you Santana Lopez never looses a bet!"

"How long? And why did I not know about this?" Rachel said frustratedly.

"Since Dalton..." They said together.

"Kurt! That's almost a year!" Mercedes yelled.

"We didn't keep it a secret exactly! We just, failed to find the right moment to break the news." Kurt reasoned.

Riiiiiiiiing!

"Thank God!" Kurt grabbed Blaine's hand, running out the door.

"So we're doing Michael, right?" Puck asked, earning a slap to the back of his neck by Mercedes.

-

oops this was like entirely dialogue im sorry