Chapter 4: Rivalry

~Stan's PoV~

Just when I was going upstairs, I heard the doorbell ring. I had one suspicion, but it was stupid. Why would she be at the door at this time of day? It was 9 in the morning; it couldn't be her.

"Stanley, be a sweetheart and get the door!" my mom called me from the kitchen. I wasn't in the mood to even do anything, but it was my mom; I have to listen to her.

"Ok Mom..." I said flatly, while going back downstairs. I turned the lock on the door and just my luck, Wendy.

"Hi Stan~" she said cheerily. She was wearing a  purple long sleeve shirt, a yellow skirt that brushed against her knees, tight blue faded jeans and some black converse sneakers. The purple beret she normally wore was still on her hat, and yellow gleaming earrings hung from her ears. Not the typical outfit to wear in the nearing of a snow attack from the sky. "I was wondering if you wanted to go to the mall with me, I don't know what to wear when December comes and I don't have a lot of winter clothes! Soooooo, can you come?" Her fingers intertwined and she folded her hands close to her chest as if she was pleading.

She was being so clingy and annoying, I had to turn down the offer. I couldn't after what happened with Kyle bathing in. And not with my confused feelings for if my actual lover was unexpectedly him. "Sorry Wendy, I'm a bit busy. Some other time."

I closed the door on her. I don't know how or why, I just didn't feel guilty. People always said I had a shy but kind heart; but it wasn't as good when I was with Wendy these days. It was like Cartman with Heidi when she was skinny. Cartman was so sick of Heidi, and he was always flat with her. I was being like Cartman in this relationship. But the reason; Wendy was being so bothersome that I needed a break. First when Kyle was coming over, and now when he was here. It was unnatural.

I headed upstairs to my door and opened it to see Kyle using a lemon to clean up something on my bed, most likely the blood that was from my arm. And it was somehow working. "Who was that at the door?" Kyle asked me with a questioning look.

"...don't worry about it." I didn't want him upset; I knew he hated Wendy by his glances; they hated each other. But as of now, I would really choose Kyle over Wendy.

~Kyle's PoV~

I knew it was Wendy, the whore. But I had to catch up to her before she left. But what would I say to Stan? I had to make up an excuse.

We WERE sitting in silence anyways. "I'm going to take a breather," I said. And that was what I was going to do before I killed Wendy. It was too much for me to see my beloved so down after what I barged into. It was another way of saying he was unhappy. Again. He has therapy and afterwards he got better, everyone knew he was feeling better; now he's going through his worse stage of depression. And no one knows except me... but why?

He nodded and I got up. Going downstairs, I put my jacket on and opened the door. The chilly winter breeze hit me hard as I closed the door. I was taking a walk, going to find the bitch Wendy, while thinking about Stan... Stanley... he could get into your head once you think about him too much. And that's why Wendy needed to die.

I was two houses away until I heard footsteps behind me, light ones that couldn't be heard from at least 1 mile away. But they were fast, heading towards me... 3; 2; 1...

I ducked. If someone was running to you, you had to do that. A girl squeaked, and fell onto the ground. It was... Bebe. I stood up to see the maiden on the floor, knife in hand, her frizzy hair sprawled over half of her torso to the ground foward from her. It was Wendy who sent her, they were best friends anyways. "Bebe? What a surprise."

"No no no no no! Please, don't hurt me Kyle!! I'll do anything!!!!" She squealed many types of beggings on her knees for me not to do anything to her; black tears running down her face from so much mascara. She had a black coat on with black pants and even black earrings. Everything was black except for her pale to tan skin and golden hair that now ran down her back.

I put a finger on her lips; she stopped begging for mercy as I dropped to her level. I had a plan. "Wendy sent you, correct?" She nodded vigorously. "I'll spare you and never tell a soul that you tried to kill me; in whatever way you can, make her pass out and send her body to my house in a signal of distress, act like she passed out. Do it today, if you can. If you break our little promise, you'll be my next subject. Don't play with me, I have my ways~" I touched her nose lightly as she was crying more and said 'yes' silently. Yeah, I just blackmailed my rival's best friend just now, but I was doing this for love. My addiction. My selfish ways. And it would all be worth it in the end, when I get my dazzling crush to love me back.

She stood up while drying her tears on the collar of her sweater and walked away. I waved goodbye and smiled warmly like we had a good talk, but then my smile instantly faded. Stan' scars. They were coming back, I just needed to see how bad they were when I came back.

I didn't want my love to be sad anymore.

Words: 1011