A R Z A A N

The train station stood right before our eyes. Bhai and I parked the truck amongst the other vehicles going around. It was quite late at night, so the amount of people at the train station was less than if we were to come here in the morning. Around ten of us were here and most just sat on benches and were off to sleep. I guessed their train wasn't coming until a while later.

     "Let's hurry and get the tickets," Bhai said.

     "Yeah," I swung my backpack to my shoulders and jumped out of the car. After slamming the door, I joined Bhai who threw the keys through the open truck window.

    "So long, fella," he said to the truck. I chuckled and we both walked to the train station.

     A man with his three children sat on the ground, their two suitcases around them. They looked poor. Perhaps maybe going to make their life better somewhere else. His son and one of the two daughter's laid on the ground, their heads on the father's lap. The other girl sat playing with a ragged doll. The father kept opening his eyes every once in a while, making sure his children were fine. Because he really cared that much.

     How did bhai and I not get that care?

      I think bhai noticed me looking at them so I heard him clearing his throat. "Let's go to that booth," he pointed a few yards away, where a couple walls held up a stand with glass covering the front. The glass had spaces over and underneath it, leaving the man inside space to breath and also hear what the customers where saying.

    "Mmhm," I nodded. Bhai and I walked over there. The wind brushed against me, giving me the smell of the grass fields of my city.

      When we were close enough, I looked inside to find a young man, sitting with his head on his arms. A bright light lit the small room he was sitting in. I could never sleep with this much luminosity.

     "Excuse me," I called.

     Bhai held back a laughter. "Look at Arzaan being respectful,"

     I laughed it off. Since the man didn't wake up, I called again, louder. "Excuse me," and that did the job.

      The man woke up and looked uninterested. "Yes?" He asked.

     "We need two bus tickets to the capital," I said.

     "Just a minute, please," he said.

      The man looked down at a notebook in front of him. After examining it for about ten seconds, he looked up at us.

     "Lucky for you guys. The bus is coming in just about half and hour," he said.

     "Great," Bhai smiled. Giving me a look he says "just half and hour till this kid ruins our lives,"

"Bhai," I gave him a look back.

"One issue though," The ticket guy said.

"What's that?" I asked, looking back at him.

"Our trains our pretty full. I mean you could imagine. This is going to the capital, afterall. So for now I could only give you both tickets in separate compartments," he explained.

"That's fine," bhai shrugged. "Though is there any way we could change the seats later?"

"Hmm," the guy nodded. "You could try and switch the tickets or wait until someone gets off from the compartment you're in,"

"Okay, we'll see if we can do that later then," I said.

After the man handed us our tickets, I placed a couple bills on the counter. The man accepted it happily.