CHAPTER SIX!

𝐒𝐔𝐑𝐑𝐄𝐍𝐃𝐄𝐑
Chapter Six !

          AURORA WAS WITH BETTY and Jughead in a booth at Pops, her hair up into a ponytail with pieces of flowing down to frame her face

          AURORA WAS WITH BETTY and Jughead in a booth at Pops, her hair up into a ponytail with pieces of flowing down to frame her face. Green eyes looked at Jughead in both worry and confusion. He only called both she and Betty together when something was absolutely serious. Aurora and Jughead were close friends, of course. It wasn't just because he and Betty were dating, though. Aurora knew Jughead before Betty did.

          "Thank you for meeting with me," Jughead started. "You two are the only people in this town that I can talk to about something like this."

          "Before you do, can I just point out one thing?" Betty asked. "I know what you're going to say. Last time the Serpents and I were in trouble, I pushed you away," Jughead finished, a barely audible sigh escaping his lips. Aurora placed her hand on Betty's and looked at Jughead, "What do you need, Jug?"

          "Mayor McCoy thinks the Serpents were the ones who vandalized the statue of General Pickens. And now, suddenly, we have 14 days to vacate Sunnyside Trailer Park," Jughead explained, his finger interlocking. Aurora knitted her brows together in confusion, "That's illegal." "Technically, the trailer park's on town property. And not everyone has paid their rent," Jughead rolled his eyes at the nonsense.

         "Well, so, let's go talk to Mayor McCoy."

         "I did. She's making this all about the beheaded statue and really it's just a pretense to shut us up and get us out," Jughead told Betty. "If the statue's what's fueling her fire, then let's take away the gas. 'The Case of the Decapitated Statue'," Betty said, eyes darting between her sister and her boyfriend. "Let's treat it like a missing persons case," Aurora caught on to what Betty was saying, "Someone, somewhere, must've seen something."

          "So, we'll canvas the town with reward flyers for anyone who has information," Betty explained. "Finding that head and who did it would really take the wind out of Mayor McCoy's sails," Jughead slowly nodded. "So.." Betty trailed off.

         "Find the head, save the trailer park."

          Aurora took a fry out of the basket they all shared and bit into it, "We're like the three musketeers except we solve crimes. The three.. the three mysterteers! That's - that's horrible."

          AURORA STOOD ON THE other side of her mother. Her arms were crossed across her chest. "I told you, Alice, either Chic goes or I go," Hal told his wife. Aurora narrowed her eyes and scoffed, "Chic isn't hurting anyone." "And he just got a job. Where was it, Betty?" Alice asked her other daughter. "At the Bijou," Betty answered. "At the Bijou. And he's offered to pay rent. So, what's your beef with him?" Alice asked, lightly shaking her head.