CHAPTER TWENTY!

𝐒𝐔𝐑𝐑𝐄𝐍𝐃𝐄𝐑
Chapter Twenty !

          AURORA SAT BESIDE TONI on the desk in the Swords & Serpents classroom

          AURORA SAT BESIDE TONI on the desk in the Swords & Serpents classroom. She had one leg crossed over the other and her hands folded in her lap. Her cut-sleeved denim jacket showed the scar on her arm from where Chic had cut her. Sweet Pea had asked where it came from, but Aurora only answered that she got in a fight with a dog — she immediately told Sweet Pea to not ask any questions whatsoever. As the days went on, she blended more and more with the Serpents. Her hair was put into braids rather than her usual loose curls.

"War Baby called my father and I from Shankshaw. Her old adversaries, the Ghoulies, had been released. Word on the street is that they want Serpent blood. They're gunning for a re-match. They want war." Jughead told them. Aurora shared a glance with Toni and Sweet Pea before she heard the door being kicked open. Her attention was averted to the door where Reggie Mantle lead the Bulldogs into the room.

"Which one of you reptiles was screwing Midge Klump?" Reggie asked as he and the Bulldogs stormed in. Aurora furrowed her brows and sat up on the table. "What the hell is going on? This is a private meeting." Jughead told him, not wanting any of them to go any closer. Reggie narrowed his eyes. "I'm guessing it was you, Sweet Pea."

Sweet Pea walked past Jughead and Aurora jumped off of the desk, crossing her arms over her chest as she and Sweet Pea stared at Reggie. "Reggie, that's enough." Archie told him, but Reggie pushed him away.

"You ass, I didn't even know Midge. But yeah, I get why she wouldn't want fleas from you mangy Bulldogs." Sweet Pea scoffed, waving his pointer finger as he looked Reggie up and down. Reggie blew air into his cheeks and grabbed Sweet Pea by the collar of his flannel. "Reggie, no!" Archie shouted. "Hey, hey, hey, hey!" Aurora shouted, pulling Sweet Pea and Fangs away from the groups that were beginning to fight. "Stop fighting now!" Jughead shouting, the two groups separating.

Sweet Pea held his arms up in surrender to Aurora, the brunette getting his hands off of him.

AURORA AND FANGS' FRIENDSHIP was something that could never be replaced. In such a short amount of time, they had grown closer than Aurora and Jughead were. The two loved one another dearly as brother and sister. Fangs vowed that he would protect Aurora with every fiber of his being whenever Sweet Pea couldn't. They trusted one another so dearly, and so Fangs knew he couldn't confess something he had been hiding if Aurora was not there.

So there Aurora sat beside Jughead as they looked at Fangs with confused expressions. "It's bad, guys. It's really bad." Fangs said, frowning. "So talk to us, Fangs." Aurora said softly, pushing a piece of hair behind her ear.

"On the opening night of Carrie, when you were backstage filming your documentary and you found me in Midge's dressing room," Fangs inhaled and softly exhaled, "I wasn't just giving her notes." "You were hooking up." Jughead said, connecting the dots. "And you didn't tell Sheriff Keller?" Aurora asked, her eyebrows furrowed together as an angry expression took on her features.