CHAPTER TEN!

𝐒𝐔𝐑𝐑𝐄𝐍𝐃𝐄𝐑
Chapter Ten !

           THE COUPLE WALKED INTO the grocery store, Sweet Pea trailing behind Aurora

THE COUPLE WALKED INTO the grocery store, Sweet Pea trailing behind Aurora. Aurora grabbed a shopping cart and put her bag inside where the children would normally go. Sweet Pea let out a huff as he followed the Cooper girl, his hands dug into his jacket's pockets. "Okay, where's the list?" Aurora asked, glancing over her shoulder at him.

Sweet Pea pulled out the notepad paper and held it out to Aurora. She narrowed her eyes, "You couldn't read it to me?" Sweet Pea only shrugged and rubbed his right eye, "I'm tired, Rory." Aurora exhaled through her nose and grabbed the paper, leaning on the cart as she pushed it. "Okay, first we need. . Lucky Charms? That's seriously the first thing you put on here?" Aurora asked Sweet Pea, "You have like three boxes at the trailer! I didn't even - God, you and your cereal."

"Are we getting some or not?" Sweet Pea asked, dragging his hands down his face. "No, Sweet Pea," Aurora declined, shaking her head, "You have an unhealthy relationship with cereal." Sweet Pea groaned. "What's the second thing?"

Somehow, Aurora ended up in the cart whilst Sweet Pea pushed her. Sweet Pea pushed the cart, and Aurora, into the refrigerator aisles. Aurora stopped him at one of the ice cream refrigerators. "Get three of those!" Aurora pointed to the Drumsticks. "Three? No. You have an unhealthy relationship with Drumsticks," Sweet Pea mocked Aurora and pushed her past the refrigerators. Aurora groaned and leaned against the Gatorades.

Sweet Pea stopped at the pizza rolls and grabbed two bags, throwing them onto Aurora. "Ouch, you ass!" Aurora exclaimed at her boyfriend. Sweet Pea stuck his tongue out at her and narrowed his eyes. Aurora gave him the finger whilst not looking at him, making him laugh. Sweet Pea pushed her towards one of the cash registers. The woman gave the two an odd look, but scanned the items Sweet Pea placed on the carrier nonetheless.

Aurora paid for the groceries, and Sweet Pea bit the inside of his cheek. He was thankful that she had paid for everything, and he was thankful that he wouldn't be living in cereal from now on, but having his girlfriend pay for his groceries bruised his ego just a tiny bit. Aurora had handed over her credit card like it was nothing. Like she hadn't just spent $200 worth of food that wasn't even hers.

Once they had gotten back to Sunnyside Trailer Park after the two of them carrying the same amount of bags, they practically threw all the bags onto the floor. Except for the eggs which Aurora had gently laid on the kitchen counter. Sweet Pea peeled off his Serpent jacket and plopped down on the couch, his hand rubbing his forehead.

Aurora pulled her hair up into a messy bun, after a few tries, some strands of her falling to frame her face. Sweet Pea watched as she did so, admiring the way her face scrunched up when she didn't like the way her hair looked when she looked at it through a mirror he had broken when he had gotten a little too angry. He wondered what a girl like her saw in a guy like him. She was angelic and a beautiful masterpiece that he thought was created by Christ himself. Whilst he thought of himself as a torn and messy hurricane that was made with a couple more dashes of violent poison.