Merry Christmas

It was the twenty-second, so there were only two days of work left for Chaeyoung. She couldn't believe how quickly time had passed this month and she blamed it majorly on Lisa because she couldn't remember when she'd been so in love with life the last time. She had been happy and she'd felt alright, but with Lisa around, she felt really alive and... just amazing.

Fred had noticed the change in Chaeyoung's mood immediately the day before and he had wanted to ask her questions but even before Chaeyoung could reply anything (not that she knew where to start after that amount of questions she had received), the male had waved her off and told her it was none of his business, but that he was just so happy for her.

He expected there'd be a lot of people today, so if the blonde turned up again and they couldn't have a coffee break, Chaeyoung would be allowed to leave it all to Fred for a couple of minutes. It was really sweet of how encouraging he was of the two of them, considering he didn't really look very open minded. He was about fifty and at first, Chaeyoung had thought he would be very conservative, but he was pretty much the opposite – she couldn't have asked for a better boss.

There were really a lot of people and when it turned one o'clock, there was still no sight of the end of the queue from where Chaeyoung and Fred stood. They were both utterly exhausted and wondered if they could just take a break for ten minutes without upsetting people too much, but they didn't really get to do anything else than prepare wreaths, wrap them up and sell them.

For the first time since Chaeyoung knew him, the American seemed to be afraid of not having enough wreaths for the day. "Save two for your girlfriend," he told her when Chaeyoung turned her back to the customers to make some more wreaths. Chaeyoung blushed at the words since the two of them hadn't really discussed what exactly they were yet, but she hoped that the blonde wanted for them to be official just as much.

When it turned three in the afternoon, there were visibly less people in the queue and Chaeyoung and Fred hoped they could take a break soon and it really only took about half an hour longer until everyone was gone and they looked at each other in relief.

"I'll get us a coffee – today's on me because you did great work. I would have never managed that on my own!" Fred said gratefully and before Chaeyoung could object, he was already gone.

Chaeyoung took out her phone to see if she had gotten any texts from Lisa – which she usually did – to see she had five unread texts from the blonde.

Lisa: When would be the best time to come today?

Lisa: Sorry if you're busy but when I was there earlier you obviously didn't have time and I didn't want to bother you

Lisa: Let me know when you're on your break

Lisa: I miss youuuu hope you have a good day!!

Lisa: :(

Instead of texting her, Chaeyoung quickly swiped Lisa's name from left to right to call her. It rang only about two times before a male voice picked up, "Hello?"

"Uh, hi? Who's there?" Chaeyoung asked confused and also a little worried. What was some man doing on Lisa's phone?

"My name's BamBam," the male said. "Did you mean to talk to Lisa? She just went out to the mall to get some wreaths, but she must have forgotten her phone."

So that was BamBam. Although she had known it was completely ridiculous of her to worry, she still felt a wave of relief running through your body. "Oh, okay, nice to meet you, BamBam."

"Wait, are you Chaeyoung?" The male laughed and Chaeyoung could feel herself blushing.

"Uh, maybe? What do you know about me?"