Happy Birthday

My gaze falls on the clouds getting closer and closer to me. I was always afraid of flying but I finally did it, just for him. "Ladies and Gentlemen, we are going to land now so please put your seatbelt on." The pilot said while I felt the whole plane shaking.

I closed my eyes and thought why I did this.
Twenty minutes later, I stepped out of the plane and let the fresh air stream into my lungs. Amsterdam. The city where Hazel and Augustus had their first kiss. The city where the Anne Frank museum is vested.

I took my suitcase and walked to the man who had a sign with my name. 'Hi Jake. Does anyone know?,' I questioned while giving him a hug. He shook his head and took my suitcase so we could go. 'He's sad though. He misses you a lot.'

He said while starting the car. I laid my head back and just enjoyed the feeling of not being in a plane. 'Where is he now?,' Jake looked at me through the mirror and smiled, 'he's bicycling with Andrew and his friends,' I thanked him and looked to the beautiful flowers.

He's right, Amsterdam is hella pretty. We parked in front of the hotel and made our way to Shawn's room. Jake left me so I was now alone, waiting for my baby to come. It's gonna be the first time since he got famous that we celebrate his birthday together, we were both busy.

I was busy studying or I didn't want to get public and he was in another country. I crawled under his duvets even though it's hot outside. An hour later, I heard the door and quickly hide me behind the blinds.

'Let me shower first, then we can go to dinner Brian,' I heard him saying. His footsteps were getting closer and now it was my time. 'HAPPY BIRTHDAY,' I yelled while jumping in front of him.

A quiet scream left his lips when he saw me. 'Oh my gosh,' he mumbled while wrapping his arms around my waist. My hands were playing with his adorable curls, 'you are here,' he whispered against my lips pecking them a few minutes. I nodded and laid my head in the crook of his neck, 'come let's take a shower,' I suggested whilst pulling him with me. We got in and just held each other, 'thank you for coming,' his eyes were locked on mine and some tears appeared.

'No problemo, Mendes.,' I took the shampoo and applied some in his hair, caressing it in my hands. 'I love you,' I closed my eyes and let Shawn pull me closer. We got out and quickly putted some clothes on so we could go to dinner. Everyone was waiting outside. Brian, Jon, Zubin, Mike, Dave and Ziggy. We greeted them all and went straight to the restaurant. I felt Shawn's hand intertwining our fingers when we walked in, my heart started to beat faster.

Andrew was already there, making sure that everything was alright for my baby's twentieth birthday. It's weird to see how much he has changed, mentality but also physically. Every time, we're at his parents' house I see the shy teenager boy from 15 but when he talks nowadays gosh he's more like 25.

We took a seat and enjoyed our meal until the biggest surprise came. The birthday cake. Andrew and Ziggy walked in the room with this massive chocolate cake. Everyone started to sing and Shawn got emotional. Tears build up but he quickly hid them by hugging Andrew and Ziggy.

'Gosh I love every single one of you,' he mumbled while looking at the cake. An awe appeared on his face when he looked back at me, 'thank you,' he mouthed while pecking my hair. He sat back down and gently stroke my thigh with his thumb while Andrew was cutting the cake. 'I love you, Shawn,' I mumbled against his cheeks, earning a chuckle from him.

'I love you too, babe,' he took my chin between his massive fingers and pressed our lips together. Further that night, we just hang around the streets in Amsterdam, celebrating his birthday.

Happy Birthday, Shawn. We all love you and hope that you will live long and healthy.