What is love?

My eyes squinted to the bright sunlights of Los Angeles, city of the angels. His tall body was rolled into all the blankets he could find in our hotelroom. What we had, was unclear. Were we together? Am I just a sexual need for him? I didn't know, maybe he does too.

I got out of bed and took his shirt, a white one. The view from our balcony was okay, I was never a big fan of L.A., the sea and many palm trees. I took a seat at our little tea table and just looked at the beach. Shawn was still asleep, his arms took my place over and in less than a second he was up. Searching for me, his eyes strolled through the room until he saw me sitting outside. 'Good morning, darling,' he whispered against my hair.

I looked up at him and saw the most handsome young man ever. He took a seat next to me and grabbed my hand. 'I've been thinking a lot lately,' he started with his eyes to the sea. 'Well, it is normal that a person thinks,' I answered causing him to laugh.

'No, yes. So I've been thinking about us,' my head shot to him and a loveable look appeared on his adorable face. 'I want us to be more. I am changing whenever I'm with you, I feel more alive. I feel more free, it's like you bring the normal kid into me instead of the Shawn Mendes. Even my parents say that, I don't how to say this but. But I love you, even though I don't know what love is.

What is love?'

He pulled his eyes from the sea and looked at me, at me being an emotional mess. Tears were already streaming down my cheeks. 'I, well I don't know what love is but I know that I want to feel it with you, Shawn. I love you every piece of my little heart. Gosh, I thought that you were going to say that it was better we should see other people. Because I have gave you everything of me. But it is a great question, though. What is love?'

He took me into his arms and kissed my forehead. 'Love, uhm I think that love is different for everyone. With you, I feel free and happy. You accepted me how I am. I never can get enough of you, I will always beg for more. I need more kisses and hugs. I especially love the hugs, I feel more connected with you through hugs than kisses.'

We got back in our bed and buried ourselves into the big, white duvets. 'When people hug, it's like their hearts are against each other which makes it so amazing.' I suddenly say while looking at him. 'Gosh I love your smart ass mind,'

he squealed loudly, making my heart skip a beat. He pushed me down and placed on every inch of my skin a kiss. 'I love you too,' I whispered back making him stop. 'Be my girlfriend, no marry me already and have kids with me and let's move into a nice house close to a coffeehouse and bookstore where you can study or read and where we can learn our kids to read so they become just like you. Oh and let's marry in our backyard,'

I placed my hands on each cheek and kissed him pump lips. 'You have everything planned, already?,' he replaced his kisses and started to pull of my clothes, 'hmmm,' he kept humming against my skin.

Suddenly he got back up, leaving me there wanting for him. 'I have an idea for a song,' he yelled while grabbing his guitar and phone. And that morning, a masterpiece was born.

A special one, a song about love. More particularly a song about his love for me.