Surprises

Dear Alice,

Today was eventful but I bet you already saw that. Why can't you just send me an email? Call me? You know I need someone but you're never there. Edward pretended like he didn't even know me, he wants us (Bella and I), to come to his house for dinner. Please be there Alice, I need you.

Sincerely, Onesto Sawn

Message Sent

I paused when my computer showed the message sent, did Alice actually make an email like the fake one I'd been sending all these too? Was Alice really there for me?

Right you're probably wondering what happened, well I got 1 hour before I have to go to dinner so let's back track.

*Hours Before*

Edward stepped into the house, and he must of thought she was joking because it looked like he didn't expect to see me. He looked like he was going to say something then he changed his mind and strolled over.

"Nice too meet you Esto, I'm Edward." He held out his hand.

I almost didn't take it but I did, "Uh nice too meet you to."

He let go and started a conversation with everyone, which eventually ended with him inviting Bella and I to dinner tomorrow. I wanted to decline but then it struck me, maybe I could see Alice.

*Present*

My computer beeped and I looked to see a new message from Alice. I couldn't have been more happy.

Dear Onesto,

We'll talk tonight.

-Alice

That was it from there no I missed you, no answer yet as to why she did this now. We'll talk tonight, I reminded myself.

Bella came bouncing into my room about that time, "Come on Esto, we got to go."

I nodded got up changed into a bit nicer clothes, and combed my hair before following her down the stairs and piling into her car.

We drove the 10 miles to their house which was hidden off the rode in some trees, I wasn't surprised either, Arizona was sunny they had to hide.

We got to the steps and there was yelling going on between what sounded like Alice and Edward. Then it stopped after Bella knocked so I didn't get to hear much, but I could tell I was the topic.

Edward opened the door he looked a bit flustered and let us in. I looked around scanning the room for Alice but she was gone. I was about to enter the dining room but just before I made it someone grabbed my arm and pulled me back shutting the door.

Alice, I thought turning around. There she was pixie cut and all.

"Alice, I-" I couldn't get out much else so she started talking for me.

"Edward wanted to pretend like we had no idea who you were but he was out voted, I'm sorry I haven't reached out, Edward wouldn't let me but now that you're here he can't say anything."

She didn't say anything else just pulled me into the dining room where Bella sat listening as they told the story about Edward and I.

Bella looked to me her eyes apologetic she knew she was the reason Edward didn't care about me anymore. Then again did Edward ever care about me? From the way he acts now he makes it seem like I'm nothing to him. Like I never was, I'm just a guy he dated because he felt bad for me and then met my sister and hooked up with her because what? She's a girl? She's better looking? He's not into guy's? Many possibilities lingered in my mind.

I couldn't stand in that room looking at any of them anymore I turned and walked out the front door, and I turned and headed for the woods, only to be followed by Alice.

"Esto, I know how you feel."

"Do you really Alice? I doubt anyone knows how I feel. The guy I loved and thought he loved me has suddenly hooked up with my sister and wants to pretend I don't exist? Well that's just fine I don't have to exist."

I headed off and Alice followed me, I remembered as I looked up at the trees the time Edward took me into the tallest one in Forks and we looked out and seen the most beautiful sights. There was nothing better then that moment.

That moment that meant nothing. Gray clouds formed in the sky as it was about 10 minutes away from a downpour and Alice finally spoke.

"Esto it's going to rain, can I take you home?"

"Where really is home Alice? Forks was home once now it's a painful memory, I thought coming here would fix that, now here, it's just, well-"

"Remorseful." She said finishing my sentence, she didn't need vision to do that either.

I turned around only to find she was nearly on top of me, she shoved me to the ground suddenly and was on top of me for real now.

"Alice? What are you doing?"

"Helping you, trust me Esto."

I couldn't respond because she cut me off as I felt her teeth on my neck she bit into me hard, but she then let go but it didn't feel like it.

"Alice? What'd you do?" I slurred out as pain rushed through my body, it felt like someone was stabbing knives into me everywhere while beating on my chest with a baseball bat. I felt my self drifting into unconsciousness but not before I screamed in agony.

Alice carried me back to the house and inside, at least that's what I think she did. I felt myself be set down and yelling began to rupture out and just like that I was out.

I don't know why Alice did what she did. She bit me, meaning I would turn to a vampire in what 3 days from what I've been told. Why would she do that? What did Alice know that no one else did?

What would Edward think of this? Would he hurt Alice for doing this? What about Bella, and my mom, and Charlie? All these things rushed through my mind and it felt like my life was flashing before my eyes, what had Alice done?