And It Came To Pass

Dear Esto,

I'm sorry I won't be here when you wake, but I must leave I'll be there when you need me, I promise. Over time you'll understand my reasons, but for now you are better off not knowing. I wish you to go to the Volturi, it's important you listen and trust me.

Love, Alice

I had just awoken and read this note over and over again. Jasper had taken me hunting for the first time but it wasn't event full as it could have been. I always imagined my first hunt would be with Edward.

Jasper you may have thought would have left with Alice, but he was given instructions to stay with me. Alice trusted him to protect me and no one else. Jasper and I spoke about Alice's notes and I was set to leave for the Volturi tomorrow.

I had no idea why she wanted me to go to them but she did, and I had to trust Alice. The day passed quickly and Jasper and I left without a word as we boarded a plane to Italy. Jasper was watching me carefully as I seemed to ignore the other people on the plane without hesitation. Not normal Newborn behavior but that was okay.

We arrived and I followed Jasper to the castle and followed him down stairs and into an elevator which also took us down even more. We arrived at the desk and the girl took us to the 3 kings, or at least that's what they looked like to me. They looked at us and then the one Jasper had told me was Aro slid forward and grabbed his hand. There was a moment of silence before he turned to me.

Before he could speak my eyes averted to two very young looking vampires, one was blonde and trust me if I was into girls I'd be all over that. Now the one next to her he was something to look at too and we were staring at each other, there was something there. That's when Jasper started coughing as if he was dying but he regained himself quickly and turned to me.

"Now I know why Alice wanted you to come here."

All of a sudden a little Alice dropped from above, "I knew you'd figure it out Jas." She smiled and entwined herself with him.

I turned back to the boy who had moved closer to me. We stared at each other but the blonde must not of liked just looked like she was going to rip my head off, or maybe she was trying to do it in her head.

Aro suddenly turned to her, "Jane that's enough now, can't you see your brothers found his mate, don't ruin his moment."

Jane looked even more pissed and stormed out of the room, the boy slid over to me now and looked at Aro, Alice, and Jasper.

"Is this true?"

"Yes Alec, this is Esto Swan your mate." Alice said smiling.

"Everyone thought he was Edwards but I knew it wasn't true, I knew better then to bring him here human so I changed him. I've been doing my research over the past year to solve the mystery that's how we found Bella and how Bella and Edward became something."

We stared at Alice, she may be the most secretive person you'll ever meet. The thing I never expected to hear though was that Edward wasn't my mate, but this mysterious vampire boy named Alec was.