My Soulmate

Completing all the rituals when I entered my newly decorated room with fresh flowers, colorful curtains and fresh white bedsheet, I found her adorably dressed in red lehnga choli (skirt and blouse) having her head covered with a beautifully embroidered heavy dupatta sitting still on the bed with her knees bent towards her chest and henna covered hands gently placed on knees. Having an insightful look at my newly wedded wife waiting for me to arrive, I turned back for a split second to lock the door from inside.

Moving towards the bed, I picked up the glass of water from the side table as I was not able to contain the heat of the moment. I felt anxious about this moment since I had been fantasizing to live this moment from quite a long time. However, being mindful about her feelings, I didn't want to rush anything. Before being my wife or a new addition to our family, she was herself, an identity, a daughter, a sister, and a father's priceless possession. I wished to protect her, understand her, care for her and love her. She was more to me than mere a life-partner.

I greeted her and offered her the glass of water, but she declined the offer. Keeping the glass aside at the table, I inclined forward to unveil her face. The moment I unveiled her face, I was spellbound with her mesmerizing beauty. Her kohl filled eyes, sharp nose and wine shaded lips were adding charm to the beauty. However, a sharp fearful expression on her face was making her look exquisite; being thoughtful of which I shifted myself and extended my right hand towards her in a friendly gesture introducing myself with a pinch of humor to make her feel comfortable. She shook hands with me and introduced herself too with a huge smile on her face.

And that's how the anxiety in the room turned into friendliness.

And that's how, slowly a daughter turned into my wife, my soul-mate.