My Beloved, My Family

Sitting in the plane at the window seat, relaxing, peeking outside the window, a fine line of the Himalayan Range covered with snow meeting the sky and producing a blend of vibrant yet soothing colors made me notice the captivating view and I started walking down the trail of thoughts. I was finally going back home for 2 weeks’ time after serving for 6 continuous months in sailing with the Naval Force. A Tsunami of feelings started rushing through me. I was dying to meet her, the love of my life. All this a while, I missed her badly, her long talks, sweet care, naughty acts and most of all, her innocence.

It’s been her only, who has kept me alive after the demise of my beloved wife. It’s been her only who waits eagerly for me to come back home after completing my months-long assignments. It’s been her only, who reminds me of my well-being at the end of the day when I am tired. And it’s been her only, who reminds me of LIFE. I was certain that she would be waiting for me at the airport so that she could spend every second of my homecoming with me.

Finally, the plane landed and I stepped out hurriedly moving towards the conveyor belt. With a useless attempt to peek outside through the glass doors, I picked up my luggage and walked towards the exit door. I looked sharply towards my left expecting to spot her around while moving a few steps forward but all in vain. My anxiety to see her was increasing with time. I wasn’t able to hold back and wait anymore, not even for few more seconds. The moment I turned my face right, there she was, running towards me with full energy, ready to jump on me. My face glittered with tremendous happiness.

And there she landed right in my arms. I kissed her forehead and hugged her tight.

It was her, my daughter, a part of me and my beloved.