(Good or Best)? Friend

Having disheveled hair and messy wrinkled clothes on, sitting in one of the corners of the room turning all the lights off making the room dark and myself disappeared, with my left hand constantly wiping the tears off my cheeks, while struggling to overcome those constant negative trail of thoughts passing through my mind at the speed of light, I gathered myself together and pressed few buttons on the on-screen keyboard with difficulty, typed 'I miss you and our college days' and sent the same to three of my college friends.

I entered corporate life directly after college through campus placements. An exciting journey at first turned into all grey afterwards. The corporate pressure, deadlines, new environment, harsh words of boss, late night calls and meetings, it started breaking me down bit by bit while broken relationships made it even worse. I was captivated by darkness, stress and negativity. It became difficult to cope up with all those thoughts, so I chose to take an off from office and spend my time alone. However, the slight streak of bright light in all the darkness, a slight ray of happiness was the thought of my college life which made me feel like talking to my college friends. Lacking the courage to share my dark present with my well-settled friends, I thought of dropping a text.

I got a revert within a minute. With a blink of excitement, I opened it, it said, "I miss our college days too and all the fun days we had together." Then I received another text, "I miss you too dear. College time was fun indeed but this earning phase is better." I felt disappointed at the fact that only if I could tell them how exasperated I was feeling at life. The reverts didn't make me feel better. I felt like it was an end of conversation. However, I got only two responses so far.

Suddenly, my cell phone started ringing. This was unexpected and I was surprised. I quickly wiped all the tears, settled my breath and gathered the courage to pick up call and said in a cheerful manner, "Hi, how are you? How's life going on? How's your girlfriend doing?" It was my best friend and he plainly asked without listening to my cooked-up rant, "What happened dear? All well? You don't seem good? Are you crying?"

And that made all the difference.

And then I wept hard like a kid and let it all go.

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Hello Readers,

Don't forget to share your own definition of a friend. share your views and stories, I would be happy to know how your good friends turn to the best friend?

Best Regards. Xx