Chapter 1

Aidens P.O.V

"Wake up son!" Dad yelled loudly into my ear.

"What....?" I groaned, rolling over on the bed.

"C'mon! Get up!" he said, dragging me out of bed. "It's a special day!"

I perched myself on my elbows where I landed on the floor and stared at my dad, completely confused.

"Uh, what exactly?"

"You don't remember?"

"Nope. I know it's Sunday though."

"Well, son! It's the day you, me, your cousin and your uncle go hunting for Mixed-Souls!"

"Wait wait wait," I sat up, alarmed. "you were serious about that?! Dad, Mixed-Souls aren't real. We're just gonna waste time!"

"Not true!" he protested, "I remember that one time on the news, someone got a picture of one! Plus," He cupped one side of his mouth, "Remember what happened when you were seven?"

With that said, he trudged out the door. Then he poked his head through the doorway and said, "Oh and, by the way, they're here, so I suggest that you get ready quickly" before he actually left.

"A whole day wasted in the forest. Hooray!" I muttered under my breath as I changed and put my hiking boots on.

"Besides, I'm still not convinced that the man was a Mixed-Soul. It could have been some random dude pulling a sick prank for crying out loud!"

I looked outside. "But it all seemed so real... Y'know what? I'm not going to think about that day"

Pushing those thoughts away, I walked out of my bedroom and down the hallway, towards the stairs.

*5 mins later*

As I walked down the stairs, I kept my eyes on the ground to make sure I didn't trip and fall all the way down. It's happened way more times then I care to count. I'm quite graceful aren't I? Unfortunately, I didn't make it all the way down without tripping. And what sucks about it is how I tripped on the last. Fricking. Stair. Fortunately, I didn't fall flat on the floor, as usual.

"Aaaaaaye wassup Aiden King!" my cousin hollered. Oh yeah, I forgot to mention my last name is King... or even say that my name was Aiden for that matter. But who cares right? You probably would have figured that out by yourself anyways.

"Wassup Oliver Deen!" I yelled back, giving him a fist bump. I don't know why we always do that, but I don't really care. Because yeah.

*15 minutes later*

"So dude, it's crazy that we're gonna go hunting in the forest for those weird half-animal-half-human creature things ain't it?" Oliver asked me, as we walked into the forest.

"Well, yeah I guess, but like I said before we left, the chances of actually catching one are pretty slim.," I replied.

The truth is, I really hope we don't catch a Mixed-Soul. Why? Well, I like to help animals, not hunt them down. It's the whole reason I have the lab. Oh! Something else I forgot to mention! So, my dad bought me this lab that's pretty big and it's super cool, that I also live in, because it has this nature dome that is really big. (By the way, I very much suck at explaining things, so if you didn't understand anything I just said, then, well, whoops.)

Anyways, whenever I find an injured animal or something like that, I take it to the lab and help it. I'm a really good healer by the way.

Back to the topic at hand, if they are real, which I doubt, they're pretty dangerous. Not saying I believe they're real though. I don't.