Chapter 4

Everything around me was just... black. And I was just standing there alone. It's weird because it's so cold.

"Hello?" I said into the blackness around me.

That's when I heard laughing. It sounded like a dude with a pretty low voice.

"Would you like to know what will happen in the journey ahead of you, little boy?" it said.

' W H A T ' I thought.

The scenery changed, and I was behind Oliver and my dad. I heard deafening cries of horror and grief as my dad and Oliver rushed towards something that was on the floor.

What's happening?

I followed them and saw something that made me want to throw up. Oliver's dad had blood all over his chest. When I looked at him, I knew almost immediately that he was gone. I looked around wildly, trying to find the cause of this.

Then, I saw it. A sword, bloody from recently wounding someone. Then I saw the culprit. There was someone standing in the shadows, watching everything unfold. But I couldn't make out the details of the killer. And the weird thing is, something about them seemed..... familiar. It was like I've encountered this person before. What if... what if the killer was the same person, that same man, from 8 years ago? But that's not possible! It can't be!

Suddenly the scenery changed for a second time. This time, I was in a field. Everywhere I turned, there were battling cats, and battling people too. Horror crept up my spine as I watched the battle.

A second later, something slashed my shoulder and pushed me down forcefully. I looked up, and standing there was someone I've never seen before. That's when my arm moved by its own will and grabbed something laying beside me.

It was a sword. I got up quickly, and when I did, I kicked my attacker in the chest and they fell to the ground. (GuEsS in nOt UsiNg tHe sWoRd LoL)

Before they could do anything, I turned and fled. I was going to get away from the battlefield when I heard a cat or something shriek. I turned around, and in the middle of the field, there was a scary-looking dude holding up a sword. In front of him, a girl sat there helplessly and weaponless, staring up at him, terrified. It was.....

Kiana?!

'Wow.' I thought randomly.  'It's always Kiana ain't it?'

I ran towards them with a sudden desire to get to her. I screamed her name, and when she heard it she looked at me.

"Aiden! Stay back!" she yelled. The man in front of her lowered his sword and stared at me, then back at Kiana. Then all of a sudden he grabbed her neck and lifted her up. She tried to find a way to loosen his grip, but he wouldn't budge. Then he punched her head so hard that she went limp.

'Jeez.' I also thought randomly. 'Violent much?'

"No!" I yelled. I ran towards the dude and slashed my sword at him. He threw Kiana across the field and pulled out his own sword. He swung his sword at my neck, but I ducked so that it missed.

Getting back up quickly, I swung my sword, and it cut his chest. He looked down at the deep cut for a second, then he fell to the ground. Was he dead? I hope so. Then I remembered Kiana. I spun around and ran to the spot where she lay unconscious. I shook her, trying to wake her up.

"Kiana! Kiana! Can you hear me? Please get up!" I said. Nothing happened. Then all of a sudden, something kicked me away from her. I got up and turned. A chill went up to my spine. It was the same dude I just slashed my sword at, and the same dude who made Kiana go unconscious. Then he pulled out a gun.