Vacation Time

With a heavy sigh, Jackieboy Man lowered himself through his open apartment window and gently tugged his mask up on top of his head, rubbing at his eyes.

"Ready to finish the movie, bro?"

Gasping at the voice, the hero let his hands fall and opened his eyes, staring at Chase Brody, stretched out comfortably on his couch. "You're... still here?" Jackieboy turned, glancing at the clock and struggled to remember what time he'd left. "You've just been waiting here for... five hours?"

With that familiar grin on his face, Chase shrugged his shoulders. "I mean, I took a nap for a bit." Jackieboy could only stare at him, in disbelief and shock until Chase began to squirm. "Did you want me to leave, dude? I just... thought we were going to finish the movie."

"No..." Jackieboy gently slipped his hood off, letting it fall against his back. "I don't want you to leave. I just..." He made his way over to the couch and Chase quickly sat up more, pulling his legs back to give him a seat. The hero collapsed down, seeming to melt into the cushions. "I can't believe you waited." He closed his eyes, leaning his head back. "Can't say I'll be good company though, I-" He clamped a hand over his face as he yawned, then sighed heavily. "I'm tired."

Chase nodded, mostly to himself. "Did you want to sleep, bro? I mean, I can go..."

"No!" Jackieboy nearly yelped, opening his eyes and looked over. He cleared his throat, leaning his head back again. "Sorry. I mean uh, no... you don't have to go. I won't force you to stay though."

They sat in silence for several minutes, until Chase re-positioned himself on the couch and slung an arm around Jackieboy. "Hey, what's going on man? You're... you know, acting weird dude. This isn't you."

Jackieboy shook his head. "Nothing. I'm fine. Just tired." He promised.

Chase chuckled, causing the hero to open his eyes, and showed off the confusion they held. "Look who you're talking to, bro!" Chase grinned. "I'm the king of I'm fine. I know what that really means. Just let it out."

A deep sigh escaped Jackieboy as he considered the offer. Closing his eyes he leaned his head onto Chase's shoulder, barely even realizing the man had an arm around him. "I'm just... tired. So tired. I feel like we've barely gotten the chance to hang out." Chase resisted the urge to respond with the we haven't, he was harboring, opting to let the man talk. "I've barely seen... anyone! Except people needing my help. Someone... always needs my help." He opened his eyes, looking up at Chase who offered him a small smile. "But I'm a hero. That's what I'm here for. Right?"

Chase tilted his head. "Well, I mean, yeah bro. You're a hero, and you're here to help people... but you're still, you know, also a person. It sounds like you need a vacation."

Jackieboy sighed, closing his eyes again. "Ha! Yeah... a vacation. I can't get two hours to watch a movie with you... let alone a day off."

Chase frowned slightly, noticing the bags under the hero's eyes. His hands fidgeted with his cape as his head weighed completely on Chase's shoulder. "I mean, I don't have anything to do for the next few days, bro. I could be Jackieboy Man." Jackieboy laughed, shaking his head as he settled more into the couch with a smile. "No dude, seriously. You need a break."

Jackieboy lifted his head then, his smile fading as he opened his eyes. "You can't just... be Jackieboy Man. It's... it's not that simple, Chase. I know you mean well but-"

"So I'll get help." Chase grinned. "Marvin can usually juggle his schedule around, and Jameson is always down to help. I mean, if it comes down to it, bro, I could probably get Dr. Schneeplestein to lend a hand if he's not absolutely overwhelmed."